THE VEGETARIAN TRUTH:"BEHIND MAC & KFC MEAT" | Teen Ink

THE VEGETARIAN TRUTH:"BEHIND MAC & KFC MEAT"

Hello, to all meat-eaters and vegetarians, this is a message given to you to alert you of the menacing things done behind your backs! Yeah I’m talking about Mac Donald’s and KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). You’re probably taking a bite out of their crispy, golden fried chicken which is crunchy or chewy; or their juicy, meaty double big Mac. Because you’re in a world filled with the luxurious, delicious smell and mouth-watering taste of these foods, you probably don’t think about “Where the food came from and HOW?”
I know you probably don’t care but you should since YOU”RE the one eating it, not ME. So I know you obviously know that the meat is provided from mostly chickens and cows. Now I’m not going to talk about how animals have a right as much as humans do, and killing them is similar to killing a human. (But in fact more percentage of people would actually care about the human hurting hurt than the animals.) Even though it is wrong, I would have to talk about ALL fast food restaurants. Examples: Wendy’s, Burger King, Taco Bell….etc. You get the point, right?!
No! I’m going to talk about Mac Donald’s and KFC in detail. These 2 fast-food restaurants are what most peoples’ attentions are towards. They brutally treat the animals by killing them in a very disturbing way. An example is the KFC and MAC chickens. In the slaughterhouses of McDonald's U.S. chicken suppliers, birds are dumped out of their transportation crates and are hanged upside-down in metal cages ------ that act like prison or a jail cell to them-------, which can result in broken bones, extreme bruising, and lose huge amount of blood. Workers have the opportunity to abuse live birds, and birds have their throats cut while they are still a wake! Still conscious to feel….
Many birds are absorbed in tanks of hot water while they are still alive feel eternal pain. I already feel disgusted talking about this, and repeating it again. Although this is happening in the U.S, Canada may decide to do the same. Since U.S is one of the main excelling countries in trades, though have economy issues. And if we stop this in U.S by protesting, it would STOP there. Not spread around the worlds like the swine flu just because one country’s mistakes.
I know you probably don’t care because if the food is going to inside us, “who cares what happens to them in the first place”, right? WRONG! There is such thing as animal rights as much as human rights. I mean you have a privilege to be a human-----the destroying, 2-feet walking horror. We have made many mistakes, like global pollution. Our entire fault. But this is outrageous! If you were an animal, I bet you wouldn’t want to be killed by your throat. And the only reason U.S MAC and KFC don’t do the same thing they do to them chicken to dogs or cats—or even pigs or cows is because it would be illegal.
So to all those animal lovers-----specially cat and dog owners----who think this is a boring lecture (which it is, but helps you) and a waste of your time, well think again, shame on you because if it happens to your pets, YOU would care.
Okay, I hope I convinced you enough to at least agree with me. But there is one more thing you can at least do. Take part in protesting in this. Or at least visiting websites such as: “http://www.peta.org/”
Or watch the movie: “Supersize Me”--------and it no it isn’t a boring documentary…It is interesting but over-rating disgustingly repulsive! Or tell this info to your friends or anyone you know.

Just so you want to know, this speech doesn’t mean you don’t have to eat meat. You can, but just know what’s happening to your food. Since I did my part in telling you this, do your part as well. It’s optional but it’s for animals and animals’ rights, not me.
So do your part and thank you for reading/ listening to my speech. I hope you learned something and if you didn’t your loss. Anyways, thank you.
Bibliography: WWW.Google.ca, http://www.peta.prg/, WWW.Wikipedia.com, and the video: “Super size Me”.

I guess i became a vegetarian because of my grade 6 teacher and i always knew i wanted to be one. Just she was the one to guide me there.

Paden Karnes BRONZE, Plano, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
And as I say that I wrote you instead of your...haha

swettie said...
OH...sorry, i thought it was interesting though..k...♥

stars BRONZE said...
stars BRONZE, Toronto, Other

" Sometimes i wonder if my life is someone else's dumb joke?"

thanx, i know it WAS pretty hard for me too to convine my own friends. Some people just don't understand why vegetarian don't eat meat, they think its somethin to make fun of. but its not.

stars BRONZE said...
stars BRONZE, Toronto, Other

thanx 4 ur comment, oh my sites i used it from is at the bottom of article. i used www.peta.org, but the article probably got pulled out since it was 2 months ago.

JenniferB. SILVER, Harvey, Louisiana
Thanks for writing this I'm a vegan all that processed food and hormones that are in fast food shouldn't be aloud for sale anyway, there is so much stuff they do: how they kill animals what they pump into them how they present it to people in a eye catching commercial look is just wrong

Sweet- said...
where did you get your information? I think it was interesting, but I don't know if i can believe it, scince you never said where you got the info. ♥

a_bunch_of_nuns, Unknown, Wisconsin
I'm a vegatarian, and I see your point. Just thinking about it makes me shudder. *twitch* I know a lot of people who will just say, 'Oh, what's the big deal?' But it is a big deal. I think you did an exellent job of explaining that.

alvina PLATINUM, Punta Gorda, Florida
i think ive now become vegitarian