Fitness if first | Teen Ink

Fitness if first

By RISHI19 BRONZE, Duabi, Other
RISHI19 BRONZE, Duabi, Other

Around a whopping 20.5 million people die due to cardiovascular diseases,another million die due to a case of diabetes,and depression due to lack of social interaction take out on another 850,000 people a year.So why am I stating these tragic statistics,cause most of these deaths could be diverted simply by taking up on a sport.Sports is the easiest way to improve our health,mental stability ,brain sharpness  and fitness levels.Sports is a boon given to us by the gods and I truly mean it.Each sport has its own rules ,structures,techniques,play styles,game plans,equipment,  and skills.But unlike the common stereotype ,sports is just being all physical and at top shape ,there more to it such a captivating sport        .for example In football , two opposing teams each with 11 players aim to get the ball to the other slide and at the back of the net ,or a goal.but that is just the tip of the iceberg ,and there are so much more  to it such as tactical play and quick thinking , than just running with the ball. There are times when a player sends the ball soaring through the sky to the goal from 50 yards away but misses, and there are other times when theres a player standing a mere 10 yards,and when everyone thinks he's going to  make a risky shot in to the goal,, but  that's when the player make the most magical and tactical move by simply making a pass right through the whole defense to a fellow teammate standing by the post, confirming a goal , and making the whole audience wonder , how did he even think of that such a tense moment? 

Moments like this is why football has a huge fan following of 3.5 billion people world wide and different sports have a variety  of interesting moments and advantages as well.you see .The cerebellum is a small structure (about the size of a kiwi) located at the back of the brain and  Anytime you engage in sports and physical activity you are exercising your cerebellum.  Playing sports develops the cerebellum by improving motor skills, coordination, proprioception, timing, adaptability, and balance between work and play .Taking up sports develops our mental and physical well-being which is familiar but also provides opportunities for p social interaction,disciplines us,forces us set a goal and provides a sense of fulfillment after reaching the goal and pushes us out of our comfort zone.

I and many others believe the world would be a much better place if more people understood and played sports.But the thing is that sport isn't everyone thing,and everyone has a different opinion and taste and that's totally fine.There are many alternatives that people can pursue , such as exercising,recreational games like table tennis, dance ,hiking and more.Anything that involves a bit of physical activity and brain stimulation that makes hours feel like minutes will do! It is even scientifically proven that sports and games can have a positive impact on academics and furthermore improve productivity in everyday life.So fasten the excuses and get ready to have some fun!And come on nobody wants to be a jack with all work and no play