A student’s guide to self motivation | Teen Ink

A student’s guide to self motivation

Motivation is defined as the incentive to do something. It is a psychological phenomenon that pushes us to do something. Motivation can be intrinsic or extrinsic.

Intrinsic motivation is very important. Internal motivation is when we do something for our own selves because we have goals or passions. For students, we need to motivate ourselves to study for an upcoming test, no matter how much we want to pick up our phone.

Motivation in education, helps us to focus our attention on a specific task and remain concentrated despite any distractions. If you have been feeling slumped lately, it may be due to a lack of motivation.

How do we stay self motivated? To remain motivated, keep in mind the goal you want to achieve. You must remember that you are doing this for yourself. What you are doing might not matter to others, but it matters to you.

In the end, motivation is a skill that can be learnt. It is not defined by our individuality. It drives us to keep going in the face of difficulties. So the next time you feel like you can’t do something, take a deep breath and remind yourself why you are doing it.

A lack of motivation is something we all suffer from, but the key to success is to overcome those occasional slumps. Self motivation is an important aspect of any individual’s life, no matter who they are.