Journal Entry 10/9/20 | Teen Ink

Journal Entry 10/9/20

By System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma

"When we're born we cry, because we feel the pain of living for the first time."- Alice C.

"Always be yourself... Unless you can be Batman. Be Batman."- Andy Biersack

"No matter how hard you try, you can never tame a wild spirit!"- CC

"I am not a monster, I am but a man."- Ronnie Radke

"Suicide is not cowardly! I'll tell you what's cowardly... treating someone so badly that they want to take their own life!"- Ashley Purdy

"I'm an artist and I make art-arty-art-art!"- Andy Biersack

"I'm TOP 'Stressed Out' what does that mean? I'm a rap fiend with a bad lead..."- NF

"I GOT A JAR OF DIRT AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!!!"- Johnny Depp

Depression is a difficult thing to talk about for most people. A lot of people think that because it's difficult to talk about, it shouldn't be talked about at all, but that's a huge problem in today's society. 

Way too often I find that kids that are extremely depressed, pretend to be perfectly fine and never talk about how they're feeling and they start to think that there is something so corrupted about them that they don't think they can be "fixed". It's because of this, that many kids who seem to have perfect lives and seem to be loved by everyone say goodbye. 

For me, someone who is currently overcoming five+ years of depression and suicidal thoughts and tendencies, when someone says "I'm depressed because so and so died", I feel enraged. Not only because they're not really depressed, but also because they don't know what it's like to be terrified to be alone because that's when the voices are the loudest and that's when you're at your lowest point. And it's not an every now and then thing, it's practically every day. 

This is just a journal entry that I thought I'd share. 

LadyWhimsy SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma
I find that once you open up the burden becomes lighter.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

Wow...this is a wonderfully searing journal entry.