How JUULing Affects the Body | Teen Ink

How JUULing Affects the Body

By Marvin_Osoy BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Marvin_Osoy BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Author Christine Shatrowsky wrote the articel "How JUULing Affects the Body" to explain to younger audiences the consequences vaping could cause. in the article she describes that JUUL's were created to help daily cigarette smokers who need an easier way to quit. According to the JUUL website she wrote, "...improving the lives of the world's one billlion adult smokers...easy to use vapor alternative..." (Shatrowsky). Shatrowsky uses this quote to explain to a younger reader that vaping isn't meant for them but rather for smokers who try to quit. Adolescents who vape and become addicted to JUUL can recieve severe consequences that affects not only their behavior but also their brain activity. Studies show that teens who become addicted to vaping can lead to long term issues such as, "...declining memory and attention span..." (Shatrowsky). Crisitine Shatrowsky wrote this article in hoping that teens who do vape can get an understanding of what they are putting themselves into. They are risking their mental health and quite possibly their physical health as well. Vaping is a nation wide epidemic because one in every five teens have reported seeing or even using a JUUL. Teens should be very careful around them because it is highly addicting. Many teens should read this article be more aware of what their friends or even themselves.