Clean Forest | Teen Ink

Clean Forest

Willa Sibert Cather said, “The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one's own.” This quote relates to the forest saying you should treat it like your heart and someone else’s close to it. I would focus on cleanness.

First, I would make that after camping everyone is to clean up before they leave. There are always camp sites that have a fire pit that people throw stuff like paper plates and cups that shrivel up and sit there. If you hang things on trees, use tape or a tree branch don’t use staples or nails because you might not get them out, and always recycle the things that you don’t use. Don’t throw garbage etc., in the rivers, streams or lakes it will pollute them and the air.

Then, I would prevent wildfires by moving the fire pit away from a tree. I would make a law that you can only use dead trees that are already cut or burned down for fire wood. This is already a law, but I would make it clear no fire works even close to a tree. I would say no smoking in a camp ground and if you do you can not put it out by throwing it on the ground and cause a wildfire.

Lastly, I would make a limit of paper made and used a day, month, and year in schools. In my school there are a lot of environment lovers so we don’t use as much paper as some of the other schools do. In my English class we have only used about 6-7 pieces of paper. In my math class we have probably used about 50 already, which is crazy.
So that is what I would do if I was in charge of Idaho’s wild life: clean camp sites, prevent wildfires, and use less paper. I think the world can handle being a little cleaner, being safe with fire, recycle and use less paper to save more forest. You are about to pay me!