It's worth a shot | Teen Ink

It's worth a shot

June 1, 2008
By Anonymous

Anyone that is living in the United States, these days, has heard about the skyrocketing gas prices. Everyone has been complaining about these prices, but no one is really taking action to preserve our oil supplies. Oil, that makes the gasoline that runs our cars is a nonrenewable resource. This means that we cant reproduce it, and neither can the earth. Although we cant make more oil, we can conserve it.

It is not hard to find ways to conserve gas and ultimately oil. There are the obvious solutions such as carpooling, walking or simply not going anywhere but now there are so many more options. The one that has become very well known over the last few years is the hybrid car. These cars are uber gas savers. They are able to save so much gas because they are run by two different distinct power sources. Generally gas generates one half of the power of the car and an alternative energy source works the other half. Examples of the alternative energy sources are hydrogen power, rechargeable fuel cells, and even solar power.

These cars are worth looking into. They are more expensive than the average car but they can save you way more money in the long run. With gas prices at almost four dollars per gallon I would think that almost anything is worth a try, not only to save money, but to save the environment too.