Want To Help? | Teen Ink

Want To Help? MAG

Are you one of those people who want to help our earth but don't know how? Well, don't feel bad, many are in your situation. You'd be surprised to know that there are unlimited ways we can help our earth, and you don't have to look far to find them.

I was once one of those people who didn't know how to help. My dad suggested I call the local nature center, where people learn about our earth, and experience the pleasures of nature by walking on their trails, or joining their camps or clubs. I took his advice and called, and soon was getting mail about how to help our planet. One idea caught my eye. It was a stream watch program in which you pick a stream in your area and monitor it by checking its pH and the amount of life. It was extremely easy to get involved and start helping.

Helping our planet can be as easy as recycling newspapers, or picking up trash around your neighborhood. If you want to find out where the recycling bins are, or if you want to help in a larger way, you can call a local nature center, or look on your computer for ideas. Online services have many sources from which you can get ideas. Go to a search engine and type in "environment." You'll be surprised at the amount of information you will receive, and at the thousands of ideas to help our planet.

Reading this article should have helped you realize that helping our earth is not such a difficult task. You don't have to look far to find ways to save our environment. Just a little effort can go a long way in the quest to save our planet from waste and pollution, so please reach out and help. ^