Changing the World by Ending World Hunger | Teen Ink

Changing the World by Ending World Hunger

By BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”
G.K. Chesterton

"And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you."
Denis Johnson

Is it really possible if you could feed a hungry person right in the comfort of your own home while learning and having fun? Many of you may think that's not possible; however, I'm here to tell you that it is. FreeRice is an online website, entirely non-profited, that is maintained by and fully supports the United Nations World Food Programme.

This life changing site has two main goals: to offer free education to everybody, and to help finish world hunger by giving free bowls of rice to those who are hungry and can't afford to buy food themselves. FreeRice launched on the web in October of 2007 and has fed millions of people, thanks to the thousands of players.

To give a hungry person a bowl of rice for free, simply go to freerice.com and immediately there will be questions on the home page. For every correct answer, you will receive 10 grains of rice, for everyone 10 questions correct, you will be giving a hungry person a free bowl of rice. This doesn't only help the hungry person, it can also benefit you.

It can help you be more creative, write and expand your vocabulary. It can also help you speak with more precise, persuasive language, grasp what you read and read faster. Higher grades within your education classes, increase the likelihood of better scores on tests (PSAT, SAT, GMAT, etc.); and it can improve your confidence level in job interviews as well as conferences, and numerous other things that can help you be more successful in everyday life.

FreeRice is a website that can change lives, including you. This website is a world changer and is helping to end world hunder, and helpising is so easy and fun. Just think about it, you can change a life, give hope to a person in need. Go to freerice.com and being changing the world.

MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

This is very enlightening- I'm going to the website myself in a few moments. This article not only gives an opinion, but also gives an option to the readers to choose, so they can help and there's no longer an excuse to not help. I'm sure everyone, once in their lifetime, has pitied people somewhere out there, starving, but this is a chance to act on it! Thanks for the information- I'm surprised it hasn't been published yet. This is quite different from anything else I've ever read on teen ink, in a good way. Please, keep writing! You have a great style that makes people (including me) want to read more.