Helpful | Teen Ink

Helpful

March 11, 2014
By Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas
33 articles 2 photos 53 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4


Taxes go to support a lot of things. One of those is cleaning up the city. But, lately, I haven't seen much of that. We had an ice storm months ago. The city said "put your tree limbs in the yard and we'll take care of it". The limbs still sit there. We pay the city to clean up the trash around town. It still sits there. So my friends and decided to do something about it.

Six of us went around town with trash bags and picked up garbage. It was gross, it was tiring. We only had an hour to get it all done. In one hour, we picked up ten bags of trash. Imagine how much we could collect in a whole day. Think about how much cleaner the town would be if we got a handful of people to help.

There are a lot of things we want to change, but don't feel as though we have the power to help. Let me tell you, we do! We may young. We may be few. But if you care about something, chances are others do too. You just have to branch out and find them.