Do You Know How It Feels? | Teen Ink

Do You Know How It Feels?

July 4, 2017
By TheVG GOLD, Fair Haven, Vermont
TheVG GOLD, Fair Haven, Vermont
13 articles 4 photos 11 comments

Do you know how it feels? To walk through the halls and feel everyone's eyes on you, hearing the whispers with your name included?

Do you know how it feels to be shoved away when you go to hang with your click? To hear the harsh words they spew at you as you turn and walk away? 

Do you know how it feels to sit at lunch all by yourself? To see everyone else laughing with their friends while you sulk? To get tears in the food in front of you? 

It hurts. Your world feels like it's crashing down, burning in a pile of rubble right before your very eyes. You want to reach out to stop the action, but you begin to sink in the quicksand beneath you instead. 


You're stuck in one place with nowhere to go. The walls are closing around you, getting smaller with each moment that passes by. You can't breathe; it hurts, your ribs ache and your lungs beg for air. You're suffocating beneath all of the emotions that harass you each and every day. 

 

You scream out, but it's silent. No one can hear you, and who says they would want to? 

 

They don't understand. They don't get how the weight of the world is on your shoulders and how you have chains hooked to your ankles like a prisoner. 

 

You are the prisoner of your own demise. You are trapped in the four little walls surrounding you. 

 

-- 

 

Bullying is a serious topic that should be addressed more often. This is a serious matter that can lead to teen suicides or self harm.


It can mentally hurt someone just as much as it can physically. They begin to feel horrible about themselves and soon, don't want to feel anything anymore. 

 

If you see someone being bullied, please do something about it. You interjecting could save someone's life. 


The author's comments:

I was bullied in middle school and my freshman year of high school and I know how this feels. All you wish is for someone to save you from the tragedy taking place. You want the pain, the torture to stop.

 

Being bullied isn't fun. Bullying others isn't fun either. We should be there for one another and help them through these rough times in life. 

 

Don't be a bully.