That Teacher | Teen Ink

That Teacher

September 15, 2016
By Monamee PLATINUM, Dhaka, Other
Monamee PLATINUM, Dhaka, Other
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I know how it feels to be bullied. I agree it feels like the world has ended and you wanna die. But frankly speaking my experience with this teacher has changed my opinion towards life. Its generally heard that school mates or senior students bully others just for fun. My encounter with a bully is all together a different story. I was the topper of my class back since I joined school. Everyone knew me and I had a good fan-following too. People wanted to know me and be like me. It felt really nice going to school. Then at the beginning of 8 Grade, I met a woman who changed my life. She came as a teacher but left a deep impact on all of us. Jealousy ran in her wrinkled veins. Revenge was seen in her eyes. Hatred was what she possessed. She used to discriminate me, threaten me and always harras me in front of everyone. Trust me, it felt awful. The worst part of all this was the camparison made by her between me and one of her aquintance. I sarted becoming depressed and frustrated. She would make up realtionship rumours about me, scold me without any reason, speak rubbish about me parents and always used to give me less marks in the exam. Class 8 still proved to be the best year of my life as theses bullying had its positive sides too. She made me accustomed to life's experiences and made me aware that how successful I had been.

Today I would like to say thank you Mam. Whatever I do, its all due to you. Thank you for letiing me discover my inner capabilities. Thank you for making me mentally strong. Thank you for making me self-dependent. Thank you for boosting my ego. Thank you for changing my life.

See its all upto you how you see things. I could have withstood all this but then people couldn't have seen Maisha. Take things positively, your life will change. From a depressed soul, maisha has become cheerful girl today. Bullies would come and go, always be yourself and never change.


The author's comments:

I just want everyone to know about this fine old lady who made my life a living hell.