That Name is Ana | Teen Ink

That Name is Ana

June 10, 2013
By JuliaRuby SILVER, Melbourne, Other
JuliaRuby SILVER, Melbourne, Other
8 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars
By Les Brown


She stands in front of the mirror, looking down at her body. Her eyes are like hungry vultures, picking up on any scraps of imperfection. She sighs, lifting her shirt delicately off of her lean body. Again her eyes rake over her stomach. A voice in her head tells her poisonous lies. She runs her fingers across her toned belly, feeling the natural swell of her lunch. A silent tear threatens to roll down her cheek. She clutches her inner thighs, pulling them apart. She likes how they change, her thigh gap growing as she pulls her legs, distorting their already muscular and slim look.
She turns on the side, evaluating her profile. The soft curve of her waist causes her tears to tumble down her flushed cheeks. The voices in her head grow louder, shouting words at her like: Fat! Obese! Not good enough! Starve! She pulls her top back on, desperately trying to shut out the angry cries emanating through her mind. The voices have a name. That name is Ana.


The author's comments:
Unfortunately anorexia is something many young girls have to live with. i hope this sheds some light on the topic of an eating disorder. bullying words such as FAT and PIG can cause eating disorders. always be careful what you say cause even if it is just a joke to you, it could ruin someone's life...