Bullicide Rhythms with Genocide | Teen Ink

Bullicide Rhythms with Genocide

By ElenaSnapz PLATINUM, Western Springs, Illinois
ElenaSnapz PLATINUM, Western Springs, Illinois

Writing is a passion from within, you can write about anything that your heart desires and nobody can tell you that it is wrong.

Loving somebody is like giving them a gun and hoping they don't pull the trigger

Bullying. Some people face the sinister assault by classmates or upper classmen. The victim not knowing why they are the bull’s-eye on the dartboard for these people, who want to hurt them. In today’s society there is much more technology these days than in the 80’s and the 90’s. Even though cell phones and the internet is a great way to socialize, communicate, and look up information for studies, it also opens a new door for bullies, to be hidden behind a computer screen, but type their own words. This is called cyber bullying when using the internet or a technology device to harass somebody.

Myspace, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, MyYearBook and the list goes on for the websites of where you could easily cyber bully somebody by a public post or a private message. The thing most teenagers do not understand that whatever you do post on the internet, will never be removed, because once your own words are out there, they are there forever, there is no taking back those words, even though it may say, “post removed” it does not, you could easily find the link on Google that sends the link to the post.

Even though it may feel like nothing by tormenting this person by your words, you would be wrong, that old saying, “sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me”. Well, those words are a lie, words do hurt. Even though when somebody says hurtful words to somebody, we may act strong in the moment, but when we are alone, our minds wander, and sometimes you just want to know if the words they said about you, are true or not.

Bullicide is when somebody gets bullied so much that it takes the victim of the bullying to their breaking point, and they could easily be pushed over the edge and take their own life away. Sometimes, when the bullies get taken into court by their own wrong doing, for themselves physically injuring the victim so they are enable to escape the torturous pain that they have to try to survive. Not only is this a cruel act, it is also a heartless one. These people are responsible for bullying this person practically to the grave. They cannot even give any logical reason of why they bullied this innocent person who has flesh and blood in a non-living body, six feet under the ground, slowly rotting.

What somebody thinks as some harmless words, could turn into something very serious, after time and time again by getting brought down by these people, being called names, and taking even a possible physical beating by these people who just decided to bully these people, not only to test them to see their breaking point, but to see how much torture this person could possibly grasp.

There are many types of bullying that occurs, and bullying should be taken seriously because, nobody should feel pressure to have to kill themselves because of getting bullied by someone, or a group of people. But even though people want to help, most teenagers who are bullied will not tell an adult because they are scared, of what could possibly just happen to them the next day, if the bullies found out that they told a teacher, or a parent.

Bullicide is almost like genocide because it is killing somebody because of their race, religious beliefs, and ethnic. Which is only a few steps forward from bullying, and how serious it is because most bullies will target somebody because of those reasons, and it is not right.

GG_LeBode PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
I felt that your piece had impact because of how you emphasized the permanence of death, and the serious consequences of bullicide. Bullicide is something that everyone understands is bad, but it is easy to forget how incredibly tragic it is. In the future, try to phrase everything more elegantly, and work on more advanced vocabulary- I think it would make your pieces really shine!