In need of a new "fashion" | Teen Ink

In need of a new "fashion"

November 30, 2010
By BeH304 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
BeH304 BRONZE, Plaquemine, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Why do people cheat? I don’t understand why a person in a relationship would cheat on the person they “love.” Is cheating a stupid mistake, feeling changed, personal pleasure, or just the fashion now? No matter what the reason, cheating is not okay in any situation. If you don’t want to be with the person you are in a relationship with, break up with them. Cheating hurts a person more than a simple breakup would.

I understand every single person makes mistakes, but cheating is not a mistake. Cheating is exactly what the person wanted at the time. The person cheating doesn’t think the person they’re cheating on will find out, but they often do. Saying “it was a huge mistake and I wish I can take it all back,” is a lie. When cheating a person understands there are consequents; they fail to realize they will have to face the consequents sooner or later.

In relationships people realize the person they’re dating isn’t who they thought they were when they first started dating. After a few months people realize the person they’re with doesn’t make them happy anymore and feelings change. If feelings change, end the relationship instead of carrying it on unfaithfully. Ending a relationship gives the cheater freedom to cheat and lets the other person in the relationship move on.

Personal pleasure is one of the most common reasons for cheating. The person cheating cares more about their personal pleasure than the person getting the short end of the stick. Hormones are uncontrollable but, the actions a person makes due to those hormones are controllable.

Cheating is not cool. It’s hurting the person being cheated on and, often, the one cheating. Cheating is defiantly not a mistake. When feelings change doesn’t make cheating acceptable. If personal pleasure is the reason, it means a person is selfish and don’t deserve to be in a relationship. If cheating is “the fashion” now, people need to start a new fashion, being faithful as an example.