Technology | Teen Ink

Technology

By bfitteron24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
bfitteron24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Technology in America and all around the world has started to take over and whether you are ready for it or not it is a big thing. There are many pros and cons to technology but I feel that the pros outway the cons. Not only is technology good for contacting people and keeping in touch with your friends and family, but it is also very good for safety. With the new iPhone and other devices, you can “find my iPhone” or other apps in the event of an emergency can locate where people are. 

However, there could be some cons to these applications because, with these tracking apps and devices, some may say that it violates their privacy. The social aspect of technology is huge because at any time you can text your friends or call. This allows users to keep in touch with their friends and makes it easy to schedule a time for meetings and events.  Having access to technology at all times is a big thing but is also a huge responsibility. While using a phone, an Xbox, or PlayStation it is easy to lose track of time and stay on the game for long periods of time.

Balancing technology and the real world is necessary when playing games and utilizing our phones. Technology can also help the way people think and where people can go to get smarter. Having access to the internet means that at any time if you are wondering say a fact or a problem, one can look it up and find the answer they are most likely looking for. If one needed to research a fact before the internet existed it was hard to find the answer to what you are wondering. It also makes learning in school and at home more sociable and interactive. This can help people be more engaged in the activity and whatever they choose to be doing. 

The technology could also be useful for transportation. Whether you need to get to the bus station or the train station a phone can help with that. One can schedule a time with a phone to decide when you want to take the train or bus. Navigation is also a big advantage because it can help you get to new places quicker and easier. Without navigation, one would have to use a map which can be hard to read sometimes and often leads to mistakes.

Food, nutrition, recipes, and more can be received through technology. Having access to the internet means you can look up recipes and nutrition facts about the food you are eating and planning to eat. This allows people to become healthier because of access to recipes and healthy food options. To conclude, technology is a big advantage to everyone's everyday life and the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

This is a piece about my view on technology