Death Has Its Heart in the Right Place | Teen Ink

Death Has Its Heart in the Right Place

By Andy Binker Cosen BRONZE, Buenos Aires, Other
Andy Binker Cosen BRONZE, Buenos Aires, Other

Looking down the barrel of a gun is a strange feeling, but after staring into Death's dark face so many times, Jack had become accustomed to the tickles and prickles that run across your spine. It had become a familiar, a common, an ordinary feeling. He almost liked it, the sensation, of Death looming about, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. To him, it was intoxicating. It made his heart race, his blood pump and adrenaline run. It was like being in love for the first time, and the last. Yet every time that the Reaper swung his scythe on the mob boss, he always seemed to stop, never finishing the job. It was as though he, Death, took pleasure in seeing Jack sweat under his blade. They both enjoyed the mad thrill, but it seemed that this would be the last time they would saviour it.
Bang! The thunderous roar of the gun shattered the calm night. It was over.
'Here. You can keep it,' the assassin tossed the smoking gun onto Jack's cold lap.
A sinister smile cut the killer's face. Raising his chin proudly, as a young boy does after winning a prize, the mercenary turned around slowly, savouring his victory. Now all he had to do was collect his pay and live comfortably on some exotic island for the rest of his life, without worries, without problems, without necessities, without ' Bang! A second shot.
The assassin's knees broke under the pain. One moment he was savouring glory and the next he was savouring the bitter sweet taste of warm steel, the killer kiss of a bullet. On all fours, he lifted his trembling hand up to his chest: his shirt was soaked in blood that was spewing out on both sides of his trunk. He was cold, weak, in pain. Frozen sweat poured down his face as his insides burnt in anguish.
Writhing on the floor with no strength at all, he turned around to see who the shooter was. Behind him, sitting in the same leather-cushion seat he had been sitting when the assassin came in, Jack sat. The only difference was that now his right arm was outstretched with his fingers curled around the gun. His eyelids were heavy upon his red eyes, but he still maintained them wide open.
'No ' Impossible ' I shot you ' I shot you in the heart.'
Jack licked his lips and explained slowly, enjoying every word, 'I am dextrocardi-ac.'

Thanks! I'll be sure to check your's out too!

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the comment!

Glad you enjoyed!

Alechcim SILVER, Plano, Texas

"There's no such thing as impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
"Be the change you wish to see in the world.- Ganhdi
"I have no failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work." -Thomas Edison

The introduction really catches your attention. Very very good job!:)

Ahmad-Mobeen GOLD, Rawalpindi, Other

Understand life... Don't just STAND UNDER it!

It's really great! =)

Well, guyz, I'm new here and would really appreciate your support. Please give my story "The Enigmatic Cause" a read and rate it! Please! Sorry if this feels wrong to you. Thanks. =)

BabyDocra BRONZE, Plymouth, Other

Love is like the ocean; You cannot contain it for it is too large, but you cannot unleash it for it would drown the world.

I loved the opening, it was the first thing that grabbed my attention. I also favour your descriptions of the characters actions. it's obvious you took time to think about the realistic respones of the characters. I hope to read more of your work later on, you are an inspiration.

selahoverrated GOLD, Mt Sidney, Virginia
i think it is mysterious because you really dont know what got jack to this point were he is face to face with death...... great story, leave it just like this!!!:)

peacerocks said...

I NEED MORE COMMENTS PLEASE!!!!!! This story is mysterious.........................................

yes or no????????????????????????

ChristopherW BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

"you can never get enough of what you don't read"

A delectibly delicious story, I loved how it took me in multiple directions

Cloudyday92 BRONZE, Merced, California

The quietest people have the loudest minds.

Yay it was good!

Pwincess BRONZE, Yourcity, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
That is such a wierd opning!

pablo45 said...
this book sounds intresting im ganna have to read it one day

Prometheus PLATINUM, East Aurora, New York
Great story- nice and concise.  Just one small thing- didn't Jack still get shot through the lungs?  

deleteddeletedFoff, Columbus, Ohio
bravo. very intriguing

Zantesha said...
Zantesha, Spartanburg, South Carolina

'There's two sides to a story, but only one side to the TRUTH*' -Zantesha :]

really liked this !! the ending was PERFECT* :]

ThePhoenixRising BRONZE, Macomb, Michigan

It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
—Albert Einstein
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
—Albert Einstein
I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
—Bill Cosby
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur. (Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
—Unknown Author
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
—Pablo Picasso

I was captivated by your first sentence, "Looking down the barrel of a gun". Amazing!

Anonymous_7 SILVER, Branson, Missouri

-The only time you can get away with murder is when writing a book!

I enjoyed reading this! It was really intresting and I liked how you wrote Death to seem like an actual physical form. The ending was not to be expected ;) You did very good and should continue to do your best. Keep it up!  Also, Would you care to comment/rate my work? Thanks!

I really liked this, it was random but in a good way and interesting. Keep writing!

JacindaP said...
The suspence was great. Very nice conclusion and nice body paragraphs. Great job.