Obsessed | Teen Ink

Obsessed

October 14, 2016
By yolonda.kemp BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
yolonda.kemp BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hi, my name is Damian Marow but you can call me Dame. But, don't call me Marow, I hate being called by my last name. That's all they did at that facility. I'm here to tell you that I am clinically insane, a psycho, more than a bit odd. So now you are in part of my game my darling readers. You and everyone else here at this jail is part of my world, playing by my rules. You see when you're a person like me people shrink away in fear, because your mind is a fractured labyrinth that you can't escape. No matter how hard I try I just can't comprehend the idea of feeling. Ever since that day... I lost my capacity to feel. I’m numb, a hollow shell. Maybe if I escaped I can find the help I'm searching for. But then again people like me don't get help.

Right now there's a guard sitting in front of me watching me play Madden. He doesn't know why I'm here, he doesn't know that I'm insane, he doesn't know what's about to hit him. I start to plan my escape. I have to get out of here, I have to go see her. She's the apple of my eye, my other half, the girl of my dreams. He doesn't deserve her, he put me away, and now he will pay the price. I'm thinking of something slow and painful. I want him to regret the day he took her away from me.

The guard starts to walk towards me. “Your time is almost up boy.” he spat at me. At first I was going to let him off easy... now I got to kill him. I chuckled and smirked. “You got that right.” then I lunged at him. As he struggled to grab his gun I managed to knock him unconscious. He fell to the ground hard, blood poured out from his head from the impact of the fall.

Now, I know what you're thinking but now? First, I'm going to get out of here and then…. I'm going to make him pay. I walked out my cell with my head held low. “Afternoon Rick.” I nodded my head in response. That must have been the guy's name. “I heard you're watching the brat. No one knows why he's here. I gotta admit though he looks like a psycho.” “Nah man, he's quite all right just quiet.” I smirked on the inside, better keep him guessing.

“Hey Rick are you okay? You're pretty quiet.”  I mumbled a yes and walked off. Then she comes to my mind again. Her laugh and the way she sings. Then my blood runs cold, as I remember how he entered the picture. How she laughed with him, how he held on to her, how her lips touched his passionately... it burns me everytime. My thoughts were interrupted by a stampede of feet. I smirked and chuckled, this was going to be easy.


The author's comments:

My name is Yolonda and I am a highschool student in the 11th grade. I hope that people will be able to get a thriller out of my story and really feel involved with the main character. What inspired me to write this piece was the idea of: "What would happen if their was a character who knew full and well that they were mentally unstable?" I also wanted to add elements of ambiguity for the auidence to interprete how they want. Hopefully, everyone enjoys my piece that I have written and see a scene from a perspective a mentally unstable person.