Bloodshed | Teen Ink

Bloodshed

October 14, 2016
By Anonymous

It was 10pm, she was looking at the window. The stars were as bright as ever, they resembled what she loved most. Her mom. How could a camp trip to the woods go so wrong? Well, it was a bright day, the sun was shining, and the breeze in the air felt amazing. Maria and her mom, Ari, were both going to go camp in the woods. They were excited because it was the first time her mom had a day off on her job. They headed off, and listened to the radio station. Ari and Maria were both conversing and planning out what they were going to do for fun during the picnic as the radio in the background gave a clear warning that there was going a serial killer in the area that they chose to stay. The mom sighed and ignored it, she was too stressed out because she only had that day off. Even with the warning, they still decided to go.
Maria’s mom remembers that she needs groceries, so she shouts “Hey Maria, can you please go get a few supplies?” Ari started writing a list of the supplies that she forgot at home. She also told Maria to be safe and to remember to run to her if she any problems. She wasn’t very frighten because she never really experienced anything like that, so like a bird in the sky, she left. She thought to herself, “What are the chances of this happening to me?” She started walking and the further she got the more worried she was becoming. She could feel like something bad was already going to happen. Maria still proceeded, and wasn’t afraid anymore because she remembered what her mom always told her, “Maria, no matter what, I will always be there to help you!” Maria constantly remembered this, so she could feel safe.
She was walking towards the store, and it all looked pretty mundane. She was looking for some bread to make sandwiches, so she picked some up and put it in the cart. The bread costed a lot, but it was alright since it was the only store nearby. Maria was walking towards the cashier, she knew something was wrong when she saw someone outside running as fast as a cheetah to their home. Maria knew what was about to come, she dropped her bags of food and started looking for a place to hide. She hid under the surprising clothes section that the gas station had. The panic she inferred started to happen, Maria started to hear screams and fear. She could feel all of the bloodshed going through her skin. “It’s the serial killer!” many people screamed. As much she wanted to scream of fear, she had to keep her fear to herself.
The killer was getting close to where she was. Maria knew that he wasn’t dumb enough to fall for where she was hiding, but she took the risk. The killer was pointing the gun towards the clothes, without hesitation he said, “I know you are there”. “But, how did he know!?” Maria yelled. She ran out of the store. Maria didn’t want to lose everything just because of some psychopath. While she ran, she saw all the bodies of the people that the killer had ended along the way. Maria didn’t know what to think, there was just too much going on in her head. It all felt unrealistic. She knew she was being followed, she could hear his breath. Maria knew that she had to go to her mom for safety, or she would be killed. Maria ran swiftly to the woods.
Her mom knew exactly what was going on. “Go to thse car, and hide there! I will protect you” Ari said viciously. “Alright. Mom” Maria said in a really saddened face. Maria ran into the car, and didn’t look out. A few minutes later, all you could hear was her mother scream in pain and agony, it sounded like those screams after  a character in a movie had died.. Maria was trying not to cry, but she still had tears going through her eyes. It was a silent night for her, she couldn’t process what happened. She dragged her mom’s body, and called an ambulance, at 9:30 pm she was told her mom couldn’t come back. It was 10pm, she was looking at the window. The stars were bright as ever, and reminded her of what she loved the most, which was her mom.


The author's comments:

As a  little kid I liked reading and watching mystery and horror stories, I had this idea when I was in middle school and made it into reality.