Hidden In the Shadows | Teen Ink

Hidden In the Shadows

By Kathleen Toomey BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois
Kathleen Toomey BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois

It started out as black as the blackest night. She couldn't see anything, but she could still hear.

"You can't run from me." An evil voice whispered from behind her.

"Get away from me!" She screamed as she turned around. She used her hands to feel in front of her. Nothing.

A cackling laugh erupted from the opposite direction. Before she had a chance to turn back around two rough hands pushed her hard and she fell to the ground. Landing on her hands and knee's she was able to get back up. Although her knees were in pain she used the last of her energy to take off running in the opposite direction. The faster she ran the lighter it became. Soon she saw her house with the lights on and everything. She threw the door open and ran inside. Stopping in the doorway to take a breath and realized why her knee's hurt so badly. Crimson red covered her legs. She must have fallen on something. She saw a glint of something on her knee. She reached down to touch it. Glass. The man's evil laughter grabbed her attention once more though. He was close. She slammed the door shut and locked it. Her breathing was rugged now. She rested her back against the door, as if that would stop anyone from coming in. Bang. Bang. Bang. Three hard knocks on the door. She froze in place.

"Don't be scared. I'm not coming in. But always remember, I'll be waiting in the shadows."
She woke up screaming.

Haleigh SILVER said...
Haleigh SILVER, Springfield, Illinois
I love it Katha!!!