The Test | Teen Ink

The Test

By JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina
JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina

The Test

The bloodstained rock was the only piece of land that Zack was about to stand on, he woke up. For as he stood up with a key in his hand he noticed he was on the rock surrounded by water and surrounded by people staring at him. He was in a stadium, Zack noticed he was trapped inside, there was a wall in front of him, and a wall behind him,that was keeping him in. Zack was too occupied with where he was and what he was standing on to notice the dead bodies in the water, the water and rock was stained with the blood of the innocent. He yelled: “ There kids just like me”!! , Why? Why are you doing this to me? Why are you doing this to them? What did they do to you? What did I do?!! Zack was frustrated, the anger inside him bubbled up causing him to shake and breathe heavily. After a couple of minutes of Zack’s relentless fury, Zack became calm. But he also became curious as to what was in the water. He knew that if he stayed on the rock, within a couple of days, maybe even weeks, he would die of hunger and thirst. So his only action he could do is plunge into the water to see where the key went. That is if he could get there. If something didn’t stop him from reaching the gateway. Zack went to sleep on the rock, trying to ignore the screaming and yelling sounds of everyone chanting and watching him. That night Zack was awoken to see something out of the ordinary. He saw a giant fin surfacing the water, Zack was very frightened by the sight of the creature within the water, to even notice that it was eating the dead bodies of his friends. He saw other sea creatures fighting off the gigantic monster. Zack thought to himself “ there trying to get food also, but if this is what I have to get through to escape, all I can do is try”. So, Zack started to lay down, but then all of a sudden, a magical blue light of energy lit the whole entire sea floor. Zack saw all the creature’s below him, he was very very frightened, but he saw the doorway out of this arena, it was a steel door, with a green aura around it.  Zack became very eager to plunge into the water, but he knew the creatures would get to him before he even opened the door. Zack then thought to himself “ they are distracted with my dead friends, so I could swim really fast down there and open the door really quickly before they even notice”. Zack knew he was gonna have to take his one and only chance, he either dies to the creatures eating him, or he makes it out alive.
What do you want to happen? Should Zack live, should another person die for Zack, or should Zack escape? Let me know and I could just make it happen in the next story. 

Thank you for reading my stories guys! I will continue to finish the rest of the stories that I have created.