Uninvited Quests | Teen Ink

Uninvited Quests

Once upon a time there was a house. Inside the house there was a very tiny door, the door was an opening to another floor of the house. It was glued to the wall & was very hard to open. If you ever got it open you didn’t get out. The house was very old, but it was cute & rustic looking, not too big, not too small. If you just drove past it you’d never even think twice about it being haunted. One day a beautiful couple who had recently been married was just driving around for fun & saw the house and knocked on the door. An elderly lady opened the door and said “what do you want?” The husband answered, “my name is Andrew & my wifes name is Kate, we have just been driving around & my wife has fallen deeply in love with your house, we are prepared to buy it from you for whatever amount of money you may ask.” The old lady said my name is Mabel & I have lived in this house for 60 years I am not prepared to sell it now. “Ma’am, I have just found out that I am pregnant & we live in a very tiny apartment right now, I can assure you, it is no place to raise a family.” Said Kate “Fine I want 75,000 dollars by this friday, if you can do that you can have my home.” “Deal, said Andrew see you friday!” Little did the couple know that the house is haunted. The old lady went back into the house & walked through the kitchen, into the living room, down the basement steps to the door. She opened it & walked downstairs and said to the house “I am leaving you with a very lovely new couple, I promise they will take care of you, please be nice” she said quietly. She then walked over to the boy who was hunched over in the corner of the room. Mabel looked at him & said you will be fine, I promise just walk upstairs every night to get food & make sure whatever you do they do not catch you. The boy looked up with scratches all over his face & tears in his eyes & said “but grandmother why can’t you take me with you? I love you.” Sweetheart you know I can’t take you with me, but I love you too, your mother died in this house & you know she will not let you leave.” Meanwhile the couple is listening to music in the car singing so loud & having an amazing time. They were chatting about the new house & about how they were going to decorate their new baby girl or boys bedroom. Kate said, “but,how are we supposed to afford that gorgeous house?” “Sweetheart, I will do anything to make you happy & provide the most amazing home for our child.” As the week went by the couple worked their butts off doing anything they could so that they could afford the home. On that very friday the wife was driving to the gas station & went inside to buy a lottery ticket just to see what would happen. She decided to get ticket 3 since her & her husband got married on march 3 so its their lucky number. She scratched the first number off which was a 4 so she just had to get 3 4s in a row and then would win 1 million dollars. She got the second 4 & screamed. As she was scratching off the third 4 she was whispering “please please please.” Kate started screaming & jumping up & down as she ran to the counter to get the check. She rushed home to her husband & told him what just happened. They drove to what would be their new home. Knocked on the door multiple times & the lady would not answer. “I mean it is technically our house now, should we go in & make sure everythings okay? She was very old.” Said Andrew. Uhm, I guess so” responded Kate nervously. As the couple walked into the house they saw a trail of blood going all the way to the door, in the basement. As Andrew tried to open the door it would not open. “Come on lets go upstairs & call the cops.” Krista said quietly. So the couple walked back up the basement stairs when they heard a quiet whisper form basement that sounded like someone saying help. As the couple was running back down the stairs, Andrew bursts open the door & they see another set of stairs. They run down & see the women laying there all bloody & it looked like she just got beat up. Krista called 911 right away & they took the woman to the hospital. The nurse questioned Andrew & Krista & the couple honestly said they had no idea what had happened to the old lady. The couple went back to their home & decided what to do. “ Do you still want to move into that house dear?” Asked Andrew. “Well, I mean, its not the house that did that to her” She answered half smiling. “You’re right I guess” Okay I’ll go to the hospital to talk to Mable & you go clean up the house” Said Krista. When she got to the hospital she asked the lady at the desk where Mable was. “Room 206 second floor” She said very rudely. She walked up to the room where Mable was. She was just laying there in the bed looking terrified. What’re you doing here? She asked. I wanted to talk to you about the house. Yes you can still have it Mable snapped, but just be careful with it.” What do you mean?” “Nothing, now can you please leave, I am trying to sleep.” Thank you so much Mable your home & you are very much appreciated, thank you thank you thank you” She said as she left the hospital. Meanwhile at the house Andrew is cleaning up & everything is going just fine. He drives home & the next day Krista & Andrew move all the their things into the new house. A week & a half later the couple was all completely moved in & everything was going just fine until one morning when Krista was looking in the cabinet & could not find the reese pieces cereal. “Andrew did you really eat all of the cereal?” She said annoyed. “Uhm no I just bought it yesterday I haven’t eaten any of it.” Well its not here anymore. Over the next couple weeks the couple kept noticing their newly bought food being gone. “Sweetheart, I am getting worried about all food going missing I mean I’m a 5 month pregnant girl who needs her food.” Laughed Krista. “I think we should put up cameras or something so we can get to the bottom of this.” “Okay miss prego you stay here & I will go get us some cameras from the store.” An hour later Andrew came home with 4 cameras & chinese food for dinner. They sat on the couch together watching full house & eating their dinners. “I can’t believe you’re making me watch full house.” “I love this show & you know it, plus with the baby coming we need to get used to watching shows like this.” After dinner the couple started setting up the cameras & getting every situated to go to sleep. They went to sleep a little early that night because they were anxious to watch the recordings the next day. Krista woke up at 8:03 the next morning & woke up Andrew. “Honey wake up” she said. “Lets go watch the tapes from last night.” So they both went downstairs & tried to watch the tapes but they did not work. The recordings were all just very blurry & messed up. It looked like someone was shaking them all night. “Uhhmm, thats soooo creepy” Andrew said. “I know, oh my gosh what are we going to do?” Lets go buy some nice new camera that are a little more expensive & nicer.” Krista & Andrew went to walmart to find some newer cameras & when they got home they put the cameras up around the house. Once again they went to bed and woke up early so that they could see if the cameras recorded anything the next day. As they were watching the recordings the next day, the same thing happened only this time a man appeared in the tapes. In each camera he appeared for like 3 to 4 seconds then would disappear & it was still very shaky. “Okay, I am officially freaked out, we should call someone to check this stuff out.” “I agree, but who?” Lets call pastor John. A few days later there was a knock on the door & it was pastor John. “Hello he said, lets talk.” The couple told him about what had been going on & pastor John requested to look around the house. When they got to the door in the basement the pastor asked if he could go down there because he felt an evil presence by the door. The couple said yes but that the door does not open. He said they needed to get the door open as soon as possible. “Well, Andrew got it open once by ramming into the door but it closed just as tight as it was before. After many hours of trying to get the door open it was finally opened. The couple followed pastor John downstairs and in the corner was a little boy. He had red eyes & looked starved although he had the cereal box right by him & all the other foods he had stolen from upstairs, he looked terrified. “Oh no, said Krista how did you get down here? are you okay? Have you been taking our food’?” The boy did not answer. The pastor called 911 & when they got to the house the door was closed again. They had to use a lot of equipment to get the door open. Once they got it open one woman named Sarah came downstairs & started talking to the boy. Once again he did not respond, he just sat there shaking look terrified. They got the little boy out of the house & started questioning the couple & the pastor. “How did you guys find him? How did you get through the door & how did this even come about?” Krista was too choked up to talk about anything so Andrew did the talking. He told the whole story about how they were driving around saw the house met the old lady she ended up in the hospital they moved in the food went missing the cameras stopped working & all the details in between. Finally after lots & lots of questioning the cops decided to put the boy in an insane asylum & they told the couple it would be best if they moved out of the house. A few weeks later the couple moved out of the house & lived happily ever after.

This is more of a short story than an article