Bad Romance | Teen Ink

Bad Romance

By Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Whether you think you can or can't, you're right

"I'll have a omlet with cheese, and onion". Sara was just a single teenage girl. "To go. I need to hurry an eat this on my way to school. I can't risk being tardy again". She wasn't very punctual, but not super un-punctual. As she paid the cashier, she quickly took her omlet, grabbed her change, and headed off to school. Sara seemed to swallow it whole. For she hadn't eaten for a few days. Making it to school, entering as the bell rung, she made it. Unlocking her locker, she threw her coat in and grabbed her liturature book.

As she walks down the corridor, her best friends come by. They talked about the usual. Gossip, make-up, guys. Everthing as usual. When they walked, Sara's crush walked by. Giving her a suttle smile. Her two friends mocked her in a funny way. Saying how she should talk to him, and date him. Pushing each one by their sholders, Sara said "Don't make me laugh. A boy like him, falling for me? As if!" Her friends badgered her to go talk to him. After three periods, Sara complied. After lunch, she agreed to go speak with him. As she hoped for lunch to either never come, or go too fast to be able to speak with him.

Lunch came. Her friends badgered her to go talk with him. As she went t'wards her crush, her friends whistled behind her. Feeling her face starting to blush. Turning pink. She turned around to back out, but her friends refused to let her. She let out a "ugh", and headed back t'wards her crush. Jake. 

As she sputtered a nervous hi, they spoke. Casual banter. A little later, he asked her the one sentence, she had ben dying to hear from him. He asked her if she'd like to be his girlfriend. In a shock, Sara said yes. Squealing the news to her friends, she was extreamly happy.  Ten minutes passed, and it was time for next period. After school ended, her friends invited her to spend the night. At Jill's house (one of the two best friends), they spent about two hours, talking about Sara and Jake. 

That night at around two in the morning, Jill and Katrina passed out. She then got a text from Jake. Texting him for about an hour, he invited her out to hangout with him. Deciding to stay or go, she left; but told Jake she had to be back with in two hours. 

As Jake came to get her, they walked downtown. After, he said he wanted to show her something. Sara agreed and followed. Into the middle of the woods, this little shack stood. Hearing some moans coming from it, Sara wanted to go. She was frightened. Jake took her under his arm, and said everything was going to be alight. He then, opened the door. 

To her amazing, a little girl stood in their. She couldn't have ben any older than five. Sara asked why there was a little girl here. Jake explained that he got her for me! He kidnapped this little girl for me. Mean time, there had already been four abductions within a month. Sara asked if he had kidnapped anyone else before. With a devil-ish smile, he nodded his head, giving me a smug look. As I said I should get going, he grabbed her arm. As she got even more frightened, she struggled to get her arm loose. Jake then, pulled out a gun. Sara froze in place. 

Jake said softly "Everthing will be okay. No need to worry. I'll never hurt you". Still scared, Sara replied "put the gun down, please". "Shhh. Everything is going to be alright" said Jake with his devil-ish smile, still upon his face. As a tear of fright rolled down my cheek, he took his index finger, and wiped it away. "Come with me" he spoke softly. As I was still froze in place, he picked me up, and carried me. Then, the little girl broke open the door, an ran. Just then, Jake carefully placed me down, and chased down the girl.

As he reclaimed the girl, I sat there. Started to cry even more. She was too scared to move. Just a minute later, Jake came back with the little girl. Drips of red followed behind. As the little girl said nothing, Jake placed her in handcuffs around her wrists and ankles, he locked her back in the shack. After that, Jake turned around, picked me up, and continued to walk. 

As he walked, I said I can walk now. He set me down, and we walked. I then saw my chance. A chance to escape this man, an  go get help. Help that little girl who had been whacked in the head. Sara then made a break for it.

As Jake ran after her, he yelled "Don't make me do this" while pulling out the gun. As I heard a bullet fired, I ducked. Still, I ran. Extreamly tired, she kept going. Jake was very fast, and chased after her. He finally had grasped her wrist. Then, Jake said sorry, and knocked her out.

As Sara regained consiousness, she looked around. Her hands and feet, had been handcuffed, tied with rope, and duck taped. As she struggled for freedom, it was hopeless. Jake then, walked down the stairs. With his devil-ish smile returning, he stared at me. "You had your chance". Just then, two girls walked down the steps. It was Jill and Katrina. Sara stared in total shock, they all laughed. 

Sara began to cry. Even more so, knowing her best friends were behind it all. As Jill camed, she put something over Sara's head. Then, she was dragged. Into this little cave in the woods. Jake had made a hole about 6 feet deep. 6 feet wide. They then, thre Sara into the hole. As they started filling the hole, a boy rushed over. He had been Sara's best guy friend Dylan. He then, punched Jake so hard, he became out cold. Jill and Katrina tried to battle him off.

Falling to the ground, the girls laughed. Continuing to fill the hole. Then, Dylan pulled out a gun, and shot both Jill, and Katrina. As I had tears in my eyes, Dylan pulled me out of the hole, removed the bag from my head, and hugged me tight. He untied me, and carried me. Telling me he's had a crush on me for years, I was shocked. I secretly had a crush on him since we met. Just them, he looked at me. Staring into my eyes, he moved his head close to mine. He then, whispered how he loves me, and kissed me. 

As I felt happy, and very dirty, I smiled. As we kissed again, we heard a noise come from behind. With the gun Dylan had dropped, he aimed it at us. Dylan an I stared at eachother, and he ran. Jake soon was spotted by police. Sara was however, shot in the arm. 

As Dylan sat in the hospital with Sara, she whispered something into Dylan's ear. "I love you" she said as quiet as a mouse. For the last time, Dylan kissed her. Sara then, went flat lined. As Dylan tears up, he fell back onto the chair. Sara was hooked onto life support. Two weeks later, she fully recovered. As Dylan came to see her, he smiled. "Your awake" he said softly. "I've missed you" Sara quietly said. "I've missed you too" said Dylan. Dylan leaned over, and kiss Sara. "I love you" said Dylan. "I love you too" said Sara. As they were both happy, Jake, bursted into the room. "MISS ME!"