Olivia's End | Teen Ink

Olivia's End

May 28, 2014
By Tocsain PLATINUM, Granbury, Texas
Tocsain PLATINUM, Granbury, Texas
24 articles 9 photos 0 comments

Olivia grabbed the gun, tears down her face and gasping for breath. She moved her hands gracefully to position as if this was an everyday attempt for her. All she heard was the silent screams in her mind transforming into nothing but more streams of beaded tears. As she raised the gun to her temple saying her final goodbye to the world, she jumped at the sound of her computer. Wanting to leave, Olivia at least had to wait to fill her last curious thought of to what or who it could be. She slowly dragged her arm down and glided to the desk, where she found the noise had been an IM from Kaden.

“Don’t do it,” she read.

Letting herself live a little longer, her fingers responded, “Don’t do what?”

Olivia forced her body to take a seat while her eyes momentarily stopped producing tears to stare at the screen, waiting. Not even ten seconds later Kaden sent back.

“I don’t know what it is, I feel something is wrong. Whatever you have planned, don’t do it. I’m here for you.”

Olivia fluttered with panic, gripping her fingers which in return shoot the gun. After that, she knew she only had about a minute before her overgrown dad would barge in to see if she was really gone. If she wasn’t, only she knew that he would put her close to it.
Now, in an even bigger rush, she thought about the memories of her and Kaden. Kaden, her best friend, the guy of her dreams that will always remain a dream.
“Goodbye Kaden. I know you won’t understand, but it’s too late for me. I love you. Goodbye.”
With that she drew her eyes closed and as she heard footsteps in the hall she pulled the trigger. Olivia’s delicate frame slide to the floor and the man at the door decided not to bother. Seconds after, her computer beeped.
“I love you too. I always have but was too afraid. I love you Olivia. Don’t do it…”