Last Minutes | Teen Ink

Last Minutes

November 30, 2011
By Behind-The-Illusion GOLD, Glenns Ferry, Idaho
Behind-The-Illusion GOLD, Glenns Ferry, Idaho
19 articles 12 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You only live once, so what do you have to loose."


I am blinded by murky pond water as I try to open my eyes. The cold liquid burns into my throat making it difficult to breathe. My body soon tenses as panic breaks lose. Large hands of an unknown man suddenly raps tightly around my delicate neck. His powerful force holds me under and pushes me further into the darkness of the swampy muck. I resist the temptation to scream, for I know that no one could possibly hear a dying girl’s shriek from underwater. My body grows weaker and weaker from the lack of oxygen, and my brain becomes less aware of it’s surroundings. A sudden jab of lightning pierces into my back. The bitter taste of blood mixes into the water as it starts to ooze from my mouth. His knife continues to plunge into my frail body, and I choke down more of the disgusting swamp water. One last thrust of the knife drives into my beaten soul, and I finally realize it’s all over. My mysterious murderer had won in the game of my survival.