The Silver Moon | Teen Ink

The Silver Moon

September 23, 2011
By Ha-5-rika SILVER, Visakapatnam, Other
Ha-5-rika SILVER, Visakapatnam, Other
9 articles 7 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is what your thoughts make it.
Happiness, success and the greatest of achievements are nothing if you don't have someone to share it with.
A life lived for others is a life worthwhile - Albert Einstein.


To Iah,

The one who shattered my heart to a thousand pieces,
Reflections of my sallow and pale face mock me every time I look into a mirror. So, I looked at the silver moon. Isn’t it beautiful? Yes, it is. It was the same moon that lit up the night of our first date with its heavenly radiance. It is the very same moon that hid itself behind the dark clouds of rain to shower its blessings upon us when we first danced in the streets. I loved the silver moon for letting me love you. I thought you were an angel from heaven, spreading ecstasy in my life. But, I couldn’t see the demons you possessed in your heart beneath those flawlessly crafted sweet words… until now.
I look at the silver moon in the mirror and write the three words which I dreadfully wished to tell you, in a red ink of blood on a white paper of flesh. You will see them tomorrow when I am gone but, you will not hear them.
I’ll call you a vampire… because you sucked out all the love I had in me. I’ll call you a leech… because you fed yourself on my emotions. You were blind to my passion, to my devotion. All you could see was a prey. You abused my feelings and used my adoration to satisfy your hunger of ego. You said you would love me and hold my arm forever. But, I can feel the stiffness and reluctance in those arms, every time I hold them. You wanted someone to rule… someone to lead and you found that ‘the one’ in me. How can you forget that I have a life… that I have a dream… that I have some self respect?
Though, I gave it all up for you, we fought and fought till you drained my heart of all its blood… till you made me realize that I have been holding on to false hope all this while. When it is all over you ask me, “Do you love me?” Well, let the blood dripping on the floor from my wrist answer you. Meanwhile, I’ll close my eyes forever.
Between us, I hate the silver moon for letting me love you.

– Yours and forever yours,
Helen.


The author's comments:
This is a suicide letter of a heart broken girl. I hope you like it. It was written with lot of emotion.