My Favorite Beach | Teen Ink

My Favorite Beach

By BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York
BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York

Ironically, dreams are what drives our reality." - myself

I awoke refreshed, but slightly groggy. The tide appeared to be moving into shore more rapidly then when I first lyed down on this sun-parched beach. I looked up at the sky and saw flocks of seagulls, panning through the sky, overhead, possibly looking for food on the surface. They're not gonna find much food here because what would be food on a populated beach has become broken shards of glass on this one. Surprisingly, no one comes to this beach, anymore, which makes me want to come here, that much more. I don't really like people. They're always causing problems and misery for no good reason, at all. I do like nature, though and all the beauty that it brings. People never bring such beauty. I admit, some people may be considered attractive, but they could never bring the beauty that this deserted beach can bring. So delicate, so magnificent, yet so unknown and hidden from the rest of society. This beach is my favorite beach and it is all mine.

As the breeze rustled against my face and body, it awoken me from my slumber, once again. I must have fallen asleep, again. But then I saw something terrible. Something that I didn't like one bit. In the distance, I saw a man and woman, who appeared to be in their mid-twenties, a couple, perhaps, frolicking in the shallow water, at the mouth of the sea. They shouldn't be here. This is my beach and only mine! I then reached into my bathing suit and pulled out a knife, concealed within.