Special VIII | Teen Ink

Special VIII

By poisionWriter SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho
poisionWriter SILVER, Idaho Falls, Idaho

I think I love you.

As soon as the two agents left I was alone in my thoughts. I couldn’t believe anything they had just told me.

After Jane got the “Okay” nod from Venn she told me in little detail the story. “After we got the call,” she started, “we rushed down to the subway-“

“Hold on,” I interrupted, “you said the subway?”

“Yes that’s right.”

“I don’t live anywhere near the subway.”

“We’ve gathered that much. So anyway, when we got down there we saw you lying on the side walk knocked unconscious.”

“You say, ‘knocked unconscious’ as if someone put my in my state.”

“That’s what it looked like, and that’s why you have that bandage on your head.” I reached up and sure enough my head was tightly wrapped. Hum, that goes to show how much I pay attention. I had thought to myself.

I had asked them if they new anymore about what had happened to me.

“No,” Jane had said.

“Well then what do you know?” I asked impatiently annoyed with the detective smugness.

“Well, not really anything then what I’ve told you and what you’ve told us. Combine all that information and we’re still on square one.”

Boy isn’t that helpful. I thought to myself.

This is the latest chapter, or section, or whatever you want to call it-- of the "Special" series i am posting on this site alone. i would really appreciate it if y'all could comment on this... maybe give me suggestions on where i should go from here with the story, what i should change, if anything, or whatever!! just comment please!! i need your opinion or this story wont go anywhere! it will sit here in its state of emptiness, because i lost my train of thought and don't know where to take it now!! thanks.

Icithra PLATINUM, Arlington, Massachusetts

The wastebasket is a writer's best friend. ~Isaac Bashevis Singer

I just read all eight special things in a row: I really couldn't stop. It was really nice writing. I want to know where the dective found her! If you were to continue, it could be like a mystery, with her trying to discover what happened, but I don't know you could do that.

I think I love you.

thanks for the idea, i will keep that in mind for sure!! :)

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

Haha, nice author's comment :) I really want to see this story go on, I am incredibly intrigued. However, I have pretty much no idea how you should continue it... Maybe the main chracter just kinda banged into existance? Like, they weren't born, they just kinda appeared on earth?

It sounds like the story ought to have some sort of metaphysical meaning, what with how God keeps popping up when the character kinda dies, or something like that.