He'll Come For You | Teen Ink

He'll Come For You

June 19, 2010
By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
36 articles 0 photos 82 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.


Don't close your eyes. He'll get you. He'll come for you in the middle of the night when you are fast asleep. He haunts your dreams. He lives to see you get hurt in your dreams. He does everything he can to hurt you. He is invincible. There is only one way to stop him, and sometimes that might not even work. So how do you defeat him? Through your dreams.

Tonight, when I fall asleep, I am going to defeat this man. It won't be easy because first I have to take control of everything in my dream, and he is best at control. That's going to be the hardest part. Then comes the defeating part. This is going to be hard, but worth it.

I'm lying down to bed, ready to get this man out of my dreams. It's hard to fall asleep, but eventually, I do.

I'm in a sewer. It's dark and cold. There is a lingering sense of mystery. It takes him a while to appear, but once he does, I can feel the control he has taken. Even the control over me. I take that control a little at a time.

First, I take the control he has over me. Then, I take control over the whole dream, and what happens in it. When I have control, a knife appears in my hand. I know what I have to use it for.

I ran towards him with all the strength in my legs, and I held that knife high, ready to plunge it in his heart! But when I am about to put the knife through his chest, he grabs my arm and whispers one thing.

"For this, I will always haunt your dreams. You can never defeat me. You will live in misery. You can not defeat me with a weapon. That would be too easy." His words sent a chill down my spine. How else would you defeat him? I got it! You defeat him through words!

"I won't live in misery. It's you that will live in misery. I have friends to comfort me. You have no friends. I have a family to love, and receive love from. You do not have any of that. Instead, you are a lonely man that takes pride in hurting people. Pathetic." After my words were said, he disappeared. Just vanished. I knew he would come back, and I was prepared for him to.

When I woke up, I heard an evil laugh, much like the man's, going towards my door, and out of my room. Then, with one last laugh, he said, " Don't close your eyes. I'll come for you. I'll come to you when you are most vulnerable. In your sleep. Don't close your eyes......" And with that, he was gone.