Deadly Vision | Teen Ink

Deadly Vision

Did anything really matter anymore? It’s not like she cares about me anymore. She left all those years ago and she’s not coming back. But…Who is that I see? Standing right in front of me. It’s…her? But how? I thought she was gone! It’s a miracle! I want to talk to her, but I don’t want to make it awkward, and I’m sure she doesn’t want to see my face. She walks up to me, and unbeknownst to her, I’ve already gone through a million conversations in my mind. She sees my face and softly smiles. I never thought I’d see her smile again, especially not one that was caused because of me. A stray tear rolls down my face, startling both of us. Before I could think, she stepped closer and wiped it away, shedding a few tears herself. The rest is all a blur, but I remember the feeling of the butterflies, cascading up my stomach. I remember her voice, softly shushing away my tears. If I could go back to that day, I’d do anything to make up for what I did. I didn’t mean to make her hate me, but I tried my hardest to get her back. She tells me she loves me, but how could I believe her when she abandoned me all those years ago? I tried to tell her how much I had missed her, but the words wouldn’t come out. I stood there, unable to move, unable to breathe, but I was in awe of how she was standing right in front of me. I blinked. Once. Twice. Three times, before I was finally able to make a sound. At first, I was only able to make a sound similar to a squeak. After a few more seconds, I realized my heartbeat was speeding up. It was loud, and I was sure she could hear it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Slowly, I reopened my eyes, adjusting to the bright sunlight. I look her right in the eyes, a scowl on my face;

“Mom? I thought you killed yourself…”

I've always been creative, so when I joined a creative writing class, I knew I could let my creativity loose and let my thoughts run wild.