Driven By Revenge | Teen Ink

Driven By Revenge

By Imightbecrazy BRONZE, Lomira, Wisconsin
Imightbecrazy BRONZE, Lomira, Wisconsin

Light beams through the glass, and a sudden wave of cold air flows through. I hear the bell of the door chime with a ding. I hear heavy footsteps from what must have been boots walking towards the counter. I hear a deep raspy voice say in a soft tone, “I need a knife.” Right away, a familiar voice responds, “Let me show you to our best and sharpest knife.” “No,” The deep raspy voice says. “Well, are you trying to save money with a cheaper one?” The familiar voice asks curiously and a little confused. “No, I have money. That’s not a problem for me. Didn’t you know that a duller knife would inflict more pain on a person?” I couldn’t see the clerk's face, but I can imagine his jaw drops wide open. “Sir, I can only sell knives if the customer agrees it is only for self defense and recreational purposes,” The clerk says firmly but calmly. I still couldn’t see his face, but it was easy to imagine him trying to hide the frightened expression. “Oh, it absolutely is,” The man said with a frightening small chuckle that would leave chills down your spine.  “Well in that case, I have just the knife for you.” The clerk grabs his keys from his jean pocket and unlocks the class case I'm kept in. I feel the clerk's cold hands grab my handle. I get placed in the hand of the customer. Finally I can see the man. He is young, no wrinkles with brown hair and blue eyes. His glasses shine in the dangling lights of the store. He has some fat on him. “Yes I believe this will do.” the man says.  After being rang up, he takes me outside. I feel the cold winter air on my metal blade. He gets in his car and sets me down on the dashboard. “Come on buddy, you’re gonna help me do something.” The man said. He seems to be talking to me. “I know, I know. You want to know what it is, and I will tell you soon,” The man is talking like someone was interrupting him, even though I could not respond. All I could do was sit here and wonder what evil things he is gonna use me to do. He opens his mouth and says “We are going to commit a murder.”

Hours later, I feel us speeding up on the road. His foot is pushing harder on the gas pedal. “We are going to my ex wife's house. I found out that she was cheating on me.” “She is going to get what she deserves.” I was stunned but not that surprised. I knew that he had some twisted intentions the second he walked in.  After a while of driving with the man still rambling about his wife, we pulled up to a bumpy crunchy driveway made of gravel. He turns off the engine and grabs me hard by the handle. He walks up to the door, his steps causing a crunch in the snow. Suddenly, he lifts his leg up and kicks it with a grunt. His boot makes a loud banging sound against the door. After a few more violent kicks, the door bursts open, hitting all the things in the way. I can see his wife sleeping on the couch. How could she stay asleep after all of that? “I guess this will make it easy then, but not as fun. I was hoping I would hear her scream and beg for mercy.” I couldn’t believe he said that. Those must have been the most twisted words I have heard come out of that twisted man’s mouth.  He slowly stepped towards the couch with a creak in the loose plank in the carpeted floor. The tv was playing some reality tv show, you know the corny ones where they give a rose away. He lifts me up in the air, and with a grunt from the man, I feel myself being slashed into her right under the neck. The blood spews out. The man laughs a horrible evil laugh. He lifts me up again, and continues to shove me deeper into her, this time in the chest. Blood is running down me and dripping onto the floor leaving blood stains on the white carpet. She didn’t even have a chance to open her eyes or make a sound. Surprisingly, I was happy the poor girl wasn’t awake for it. As he slowed down he realized what he had done and came to a complete stop, I could sense the guilt he had. He was breathing heavily and a tear ran down his face. His hands were so shaky I thought he was gonna drop me on the floor in the pile of blood. I felt a sudden jerk that launched me up into his neck. At first I didn’t know what happened. But then I felt the warm blood sliding down my blade. Then, a sudden thud from his head when the man hit the carpeted floor. I slowly slide out onto the floor with a quiet rustle of the carpet. I see the scar on the man's neck with blood slowly oozing out.

All I could do was listen to the man's sounds of struggles. I would hear a cough, then a moan. Finally after minutes of silence besides the man’s noises, he whispered something. “I deserve this. What I did, nobody deserves.” I was relieved to hear that from him, but it didn’t take away any of the hate I had for him. He did what he did, and it was a horrible action. Suddenly, the man made very violent noises of choking. I could see him trying to spit up blood. It was trying to come out, but he was actually just choking on it. He lifted his hand to his throat. I know that this is how he was going to die. He continues to cough for what felt like minutes. He started breathing less and less. His sounds got quieter. Suddenly, there were no noises at all. If I said I felt the smallest bit sad for him, I would be lying. He committed a murder, and he forced me to be the murder weapon. I guess that’s what happens when a man is driven by revenge.

I dont know if im crazy.