Pretty Girls Always Go Missing | Teen Ink

Pretty Girls Always Go Missing

December 18, 2023
By Anonymous

It’s almost winter time. The leaves fall off their branches leaving them bare. The wind screeching through the branches. Abby, Miss America’s pageant winner, is flying home after a wonderful visit to the Macy’s day parade. The airport is packed with families going place to place for the holidays. 

“Flight 256, now boarding” is said over the speakers. 

Abby rushes over to the gate. She hands the flight attendant her ticket and walks right in. There were only four people on the plane. One man, and three girls. No flight attendants in sight. The windows don’t open. The seatbelts don’t unlock. She's stuck. Panic fills the air. 

“Excuse me? Miss, can you please help me? My buckle, it’s stuck” Abby asked the other girl next to her.

Lizzy, the girl she asked, couldn't get out either. The plane began to take off. The one man in the front of the plane stood up. 

“Hello, beautiful young ladies. I am here to give you the best thing you deserve” he said in a joyful, yet raspy way. 

“Don’t worry we aren’t going far. Listen to me, and you will live. It’s simple!”

Lizzy and Abby look at each other with extreme fear in their eyes. A tear trickled down Abby's face. As it became night the plane became darker and darker. Finally it landed. The three girls were blindfolded and exited the plane one by one. Not knowing where they were. Abby attempts to run. A tall muscular man grabs her by the arm. 

“You're not going anywhere little girl” said with a warm hot breath. “I love little girls that don’t listen.”

The man carried Abby to a dark cold room. Where the walls were brick and the floor was just plain cement. No windows, no lights, no food, no water, nothing but Abby. The other three girls are taken to another room. Still with no windows but this room had one light bulb. The one steel door in the room was acquainted with a tall guard. Abby alone in her room, someone opens the door.

“Get up now. You’re coming with me” the deep dark voice said sternly as they grabbed her by the hair. 

“W-w-w where” Abby mumbled with nothing but fear.

“You’re the first one not to listen so you’re the first one to go.” they replied.

The man took Abby to another room this time it was split in two with a glass window separating the two. He sat her down in a chair that was facing the glass window and walked to the other side. 

“Are you ready?” He questioned.

“For what?”

“For this” as he raised his rifle up to the window “this is what pretty girls like you get when you don’t listen.”

The click of loading the rifle echoed through the walls. He puts his finger on the trigger and pulls it back slowly. 

“Bye, bye little girl!”