Where's Ronaldo | Teen Ink

Where's Ronaldo

January 19, 2022
By ellievb17 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
ellievb17 GOLD, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
12 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The roaring thunder and rain engulf the night. There stood a small house tucked away in the Glacier Forest wilderness. Red liquid flowed down the walls, the house disheveled. A rancid, manure-like odor coming from the rusty vents. The white wall telephone buzzing as quiet as a bee. I sprinted frantically around the house for my husband and son, with no luck. Where’s Ronaldo? I follow the small trail of blood, which leads to nowhere but the little black door that takes you to the patio. No footprints or fingerprints that I could see around the house.

The cops were called and they brought the Investigation of Halloween Crime Unit (IHCU). They searched every inch of the land, house, and surrounding areas, and nothing was found. However, they did find my son mysteriously stabbed to death and shoved up a vent upstairs without a trace. But where’s my oh-so-loving husband Ronaldo? 

After the IHCU left, I went to get a hotel room, as there was no possible way that I am staying in my house after the terror I had experienced just a few moments ago. Upon walking into the room I was assigned for the night, there laid Ronaldo sprawled out on the floor with one shot to the forehead. The white sheets made red, the beautiful gray walls covered in thick blood.

 I sprinted as fast as I could out of that room, screaming in horror. Once again, the unit couldn’t provide any answers, telling me that Ronaldo was killed without a trace. Trying to get answers out of the Halloween Crime Unit is like being on hold for hours with an airline- you eventually give up on waiting. She wondered, Is the same person that killed my son and husband going to kill me too?