The Compass | Teen Ink

The Compass

By NGWilliams BRONZE, Apex, North Carolina
NGWilliams BRONZE, Apex, North Carolina

Yelling, that’s all she could hear stumbling through the snow. She couldn’t hear it though, all she knew was that she needed to get away, she needed to get away as fast as she could. The night was cold and she could see lights getting brighter as they got closer to her. She kept running, blood dripping down her forehead.

Then she saw a glint in the snow, she stopped running and stared for a moment, then she started walking towards whatever it was. As she got closer she saw that it was a compass- a very strange one at that. There were no directions on it, just an arrow in a metal disc, she completely drowned out the yelling as she examined it. She saw that on the side of it, symbols were engraved. They had no meaning to her but they had to be put there for a reason right? Why would there be random symbols on a strange compass for no reason, it just doesn’t make sense.

Suddenly the arrow started spinning, faster and faster until it started to slow down. Suddenly the glass cracked- cracked- and broke. Suddenly the arrow pointed in a direction compasses usually don’t point too. It pointed up at something, something the human mind isn’t supposed to be able to comprehend. So curious, she looked up to what the arrow pointed at. As she looked up, she saw m- wait, no that’s- that’s not right. That’s not supposed to be possible, she saw me.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

this is really good you should get an editor!

TessaDreamAuthor_3000 PLATINUM, Tomball, Texas

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
" Balance your life with spiritual experiences that remind and prepare you for continued, daily ministering to others." - M. Russell Ballard
"Love is expressed in a smile, a wave, a kind comment, a compliment." - Thomas S. Monson

Oooooooo this is so interesting. I was on the edge of my chair while reading this! So mystery, please write more!