I AND MY HOST MY HOST AND I | Teen Ink

I AND MY HOST MY HOST AND I

By Panic_at_the_disco BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Panic_at_the_disco BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Dream's are powerful things. Know another's dream, know their heart
-book with a rabbit?IDK

NATHAN AND I  

This strange new world is loud yet, quiet. I am quite nervous to find my new host.

There are houses that these ¨people¨ live in. I climb into a room that houses an old man. This man seems to be dying yet I don’t feel sorrow over his passing. There it is! I catch it. The scent of my new host just a couple of feet away.  As I leave the old man hoping to seek out my new ¨person¨, I climb the slickened brick walls to be meet with an open window. I find myself intrigued by this host. I can’t be picky when I'm vulnerable to the Madmen of this world, but I know without even asking that he will accept me as I am. He is I and I am Him and together we are WE. Drip. Drip. The anxiety is suffocating yet comforting. I wait a couple of heartbeats until I am sure he won’t hear me slip into his window. Drip. Drip. There it is again with the anxiety of knowing and the anticipation of a new ¨person¨, a new form to take a hold of and protect. I sit watching and waiting as he lays peacefully in bed. Studying and waiting until he turns to face the wall. When I see my chance I pounce like an animal on prey. Like he is a DNA strand and I am the disease slowly unraveling it. I fall into the utterly insatiable warmth of his entire being becoming us. BRIING! BRIING! WE turn over to face our foe. An alarm clock.  We turn it off. (I would’ve killed it.) He is I and I am Him and together we are We. I learn my host is ¨Nathan¨. Hunger and bitter rage burn my very existence. He is cool and refreshing like a dip in the pool. I feel I have found my perfect match. We stumble onto the bed and it is time to test my host. ¨Wake up” I say. He jumps up like We have been Startled. The emotion of guilt is foreign to me yet somehow I feel it so clearly at this moment. Drip. Drip. The anxiety is suffocating yet comforting. ¨Turn to the mirror¨ I say as We twist to look upon our figure. ¨Holy Moly!¨ my Host exclaims as he takes in the sight of my Being for the first time. I feel his heart quicken and his mind racing unable to pick which sound to make. It’s Understandable; my grey figure overwhelms his body making him seem partly sick. I am covering his eyes making them grey with embers dancing within them. He no longer sees a monster but a friend, not just only a friend but a new sense of being. ¨I have found you. I won’t hurt you. I am your friend and you are mine. I live off your body and in return, I will protect you and do my best to please you.¨ I whisper hoping not to scare him. His heart beats louder in our ears. ¨I am don’t think that is a good Idea¨he hesitates. Why must he hesitate we were made for each other. ¨Nathan you don´t have much of a choice without me you will perish or in harsher terms die¨ I say a little more irritated.  His eyes widen; he is scared to die but I don´t see why. Then again I have been alive since the dark ages. He backs up from the mirror tugging at Us, at me, like I am a rash he desires to get rid of. The emotion of Fury is foreign but that is what I am reacting with; utter uncontrolled fury. He trips over his feet and is knocked back into his chair A snarl escapes our mouth. This is not how I intended our introduction would take place. Light knocks on the door. ¨Time to go get your stuff¨ a male voice demands from the other side of the door. We go rigid. This man is a threat. They have hurt Nathan before. Drip. Drip. Drip. The anticipation of the blood being splattered is like a drug to me. ¨We should confront him. Make his blood stop running make the Madman of this world run from us.¨ I growl hoping my host will take my side. He stands still hesitating, his fight or flight response going into overload as I rewrite part of his DNA, then a click and the door flings open. Without a moment to process, I have already killed him and the hesitation from my host is gone. Secretly he also enjoys making an ocean of red in his room. Thump.Thump.Thump. The sound of his body falling replaces the sound of our heartbeat. We double over to empty the contents of our stomach onto the carpet. The feeling of guilt wraps around our being like a suffocating blanket. The thump is comforting yet haunting. ¨We need to go, the officers will be here soon to investigate the scene.¨ I say while frantically looking for something to help disguise us. ¨ I-I I can´t. I need to meet the cops and tell them why h-he´s dead¨ he chokes. This is the first time he´s killed yet I can tell that a lantern of darkness has always been lit. Nathan just needed someone to re-supply the kerosene. I hear our breath triple. The room feeling suffocating, like a cage, meant for a rabbit but a fox is in it. Every time we close our eyes the man we just killed plays on rewind. The white of his iris, The groan that escaped him right before he hit the ground. Dead before he could protest. Dead before his heart could be put into overtime. Dead before the Officers in black and blue could try and save him. I find myself intrigued with this host and I know without even asking he will accept me as I am. He is I and I am Him and together we are WE.  He is scared of death but I don´t see why. ¨We need to go the madman of this world are here.¨ I growl no longer caring for first impressions.Thump. Thump. Thump. Footsteps get louder as they run up the stairs to be met with an ocean of red and a sky of grey with flickering embers. The Leader takes out a gun. Good, let him try and hit us, I will protect my host as my host will protect me. He pulls the trigger. Thwump! I move out of the way just in time for the dart to hit the wall. BOOM! BOOM! Our head starts singing. We go to sit on the floor only to connect with the wall behind us. Dead, dead before he could protest. Will that be us? The anticipation of winning my host’s approval made me careless and now we sit apart. I in a white room and him in a cell. I groan. We suffer different pain but the same emotions still find their way to both of us. A lantern of pureness lit in my own heart that I didn´t know I had. A line of pain, as a line of suffering, will always connect my Host and me, as we are WE, not I.  We are the DNA and the Madmen are the Disease slowly trying to unravel us. Drip. Drip. There it is again with the anxiety of knowing and the anticipation of a new ¨person¨, a new form to take a hold of and ploy to destroy all that stand in our way. Those that want to separate Us. I should´ve picked the old man.                

MY HOST AND ONLY MINE.

In school we are going over Edgar allen poe.The idea for this assignment was to include 14 words from A TELL TALE HEART.And t o make a 1-page story dark and creepy like his work.

These words include

Disease

Nervous

Madman

Eye

Lantern

Old Man

Hear

Groan

Heartbeat

Dead

Guilt

Bed

Anxiety

Officers

My inspiration was the symbiotic relationship symbionts have with their hosts.(venom and peter parker)