Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By dragon7781 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
dragon7781 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

"What does it matter?"

I am the prisoner who languishes in the tower of stone. The tower which rises high above the shores, high in the clouds where no man can hear.

I am alone.

I am alone in the shade where others see the warmth. I am screaming in the darkness alone and alone.

I am alone in my hatred, alone in my misery. I am alone in a prison that no one can see. I am alone, alone, alone.

I would tear out my eyes if someone would see. I would tear out my ears if someone would hear. I would teary out my heart if someone would care.

But no one does. No one does.

I am alone in the darkness with eyes that bleed. I am alone in the silence with ears that cannot hear.

But I am alone in my hatred with a heart that still beats.

I am a prisoner of my own heartbeat. I am a prisoner of the thoughts in my mind. I am a prisoner with no warden, in a jail that no one can see.

I am a starving wolf, frothing at the chains, devouring his own limbs to keep himself tame. I am the cripple who watches the skies behind the cracks of his prison, remembering better days and better times.

I am alone and I am insane.

The thoughts that run through my mind like a madman’s logic, chaos theory exploding into motion like a train derailing into a cliff with the ranger riding on a horse with a smile on his lips.

I am alone and I am insane.

The thought keeps me sated, keeps me tame. Keeps me from screaming out my lungs can see.

I am a threat. I am a monster. I am a soldier and a monster. Feral instinct guided by machine-like precision, pretending to be normal, pretending to be sane. Killing thoughts running through my mind, the staccato of bullets to the opera of screams.

I am alone and I am insane, laughing at a world that does not care. Screaming my lungs out in a prison with soundproof walls, echoing my words again and again.

Until the last echoes dins into the silence.

I am alone again.