Are You Scared? | Teen Ink

Are You Scared?

March 24, 2019
By Bella_Queen DIAMOND, Plymouth, Ohio
Bella_Queen DIAMOND, Plymouth, Ohio
90 articles 26 photos 79 comments

Favorite Quote:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.
-Walt Whitman


"Are You Scared?" Hissed the voice, over and over again. This is what I went through every night, since I was twelve. Every night the woman would enter my room, her black hair covering her face. She was always wet, and her voice always sounded raspy, and cold. She always came through the window, her white dress dripping water all over the floor, she would walk slowly, as though walking through water. Then she would say the words I always dreaded "are you scared?" I would cover my head with my covers, putting my hands against my ears to drown out her voice. But it never worked, her voice would only get louder. Once I felt I couldn't take it, I would yell "Yes! I'm afraid!" Then she would leave.

Tonight was different, tonight I told myself I wouldn't say it. That was a mistake. She came as usual, dripping wet, her hair covering her face. Then she said "are you scared?" I didn't hide like usual , instead I faced her head on "are you scared?" She said, louder this time. I was shaking with fear, but I stood my ground "Are you scared?!" She yelled, clearly she was angry, but I didn't care. "No!" I yelled "i'm not scared!" Then she disappeared. I thought I was safe, but then I turned around....


The author's comments:

I ended with a cliff hanger, so the reader can create their own ending.