Through the Fire | Teen Ink

Through the Fire

January 31, 2009
By onemanband101 PLATINUM, Hackettstown, New Jersey
onemanband101 PLATINUM, Hackettstown, New Jersey
25 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It's in the center of the destruction I stand. The eye of the hurricane, the hurricane I created. Everything around me is raging with the embers of fire. My anger is destroying the life around me.


How does that make me feel? I'm too numb to say. I'm trance by the death I've created. Being only able to think of how this is all my fault. It's all thanks to my temper. My anger is uncontrollable. Like a spark in a bath of kerosene, it erupts before I can do anything about it.


The fire doesn't burn me directly, but by staring at the damage I've created it sets by heart aflame.


I'm disgusting.


I remember the fire that I'd kept inside of me.


I was angry.


The fire wanted to spread outside my body. But I couldn't let it, I've already have seen the destruction it has caused. I've already felt the pain of that resort. It was better to sacrifice myself to the fire.


The anger was spreading though.


It was taking over me, eating away at my sanity. The fire that ran through my veins was looking for an escape route. I knew it was going to have to give up soon if I kept fighting it.


But then it found my weakness.


The fire took aim towards my anger and released. The results were lethal. Suddenly everyone was my enemy. They needed to be exterminated before they got to me. I sensed danger. But what I didn't realize was that the danger was me.


The fire can hide things like that from you.


The fires anger was my anger and soon we became one. And now it was too powerful and wild for me to put up any kind of resistance.


But now standing here I find my escape.


I surrender myself to the fire. The flames encircle my body, eating away at my soul. And when it's done I'm no longer present.


My body is empty, the fire chased me out. I'm not anywhere to be found, and my body is alone and forgotten.
The pain was excruciating but worth it. I let my mind escape to my safe place. A place without fire. A place where I can't remember the pain and destruction I caused. The place that can only be found as a figment of my imagination.


The only place where I see through the fire.