Holograham | Teen Ink

Holograham

May 1, 2015
By JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina
JLAImBatMan555 GOLD, Lexington, North Carolina
12 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Holograham                             Today I am here to prove something,not just anything, but it is of the utmost importance, it’s for the future of all of mankind. This subject,this sole object is a pair of glasses,not just any pair of glasses,a pair of glasses that have advance into what no man has ever seen before. Not only do these pair of glasses have the power and capability to analyze facial expressions, read through a database of  criminals,and read through the map of the entire world, but they can also access the internet,and transport you to anytime and space that you want to go. Yet these pair of glasses aren't accessible yet. Why, you ask? well i’m like no ordinary teenager who wants stuff, just more advance more smarter things than most kids, yet when i went to ask my mom if I could get it, you know what all parents are gonna say: “No Logan You can’t have a pair of awesomely dangerously cool pair of glasses”.  Why? I ask, she says:”because it’s too expensive and you could get cancer from it. CANCER!, CANCER!! REALLY? That’s her reason why I can’t have it? Well mom what if I re-engineered these pair of glasses to be Radiation free? Do you have the supplies to do that? No, but I have a Job so I can earn money to buy the supplies to build it. What about tools? I can earn money for that too. Well Logan,think your gonna have it on your head all the time, which could cause you to lose focus. Mom, I’m re-engineering the pair of glasses,it will be Radiation free, and better focus and echo friendly.     So, we all see the reason why this object isn't even out in stores yet, why it doesn't even exist yet, is because of my mom preventing me. But I think I just won the war, or so I thought.   So, I come home from work today,and my mom says to me:” Logan I’m not gonna let you build it. But Mom!! Why, I say as tears rush slowly down my face like all the feelings and all my hard work have just died with me and my thoughts lost to the end of time. Logan,I realize how badly you wanna build these pair of glasses,but it’s very dangerous, and you're just a teenager. "Whatever" I say, to my mom. As I run up to my room and shut the door. Instantly I began researching everything from Quantum Mechanics to Nuclear Fission to a Radiation coolant, to facts to prove my mom wrong that I can do this, that if an 11 year old can hack into NASA then I can re engineer my own pair of glasses. So, I found everything I could to convince her,and I think she will be the one to lose this war.           So,that day I ran downstairs happily and grabbed some breakfast,when I was done,I found my mom sitting in the living room ,watching TV. So, I dropped a ton of facts down,right in front of her. What’s this Logan? It’s facts. Facts for what? Facts to beat you mother, facts to prove that I’m not just some ordinary teenager,that me building these glasses will not be dangerous. She sits there looking through every inch of facts that I managed to find, every once in a while she’ll look up at me and stare and then she’ll go back down to reading. I thought to myself, I’m dead, I've lost, I’m in trouble. But then, when she goes to read the fact that I found out about the 11 year old boy who hacked into NASA, she glanced at me. It’s as if time had stopped her heart. But,no,she stands up and says:”these are solid facts, reasonable and, Logan I’m sorry for calling you some ordinary kid, I meant to say your Extraordinary”.   At the End of all the fighting we see who the real champion is, as most of you think I won, I didn't. Why you ask? It’s not about who wins,it’s about balance, you see who cares who wins. You shouldn't wanna win all the time, cause it will consume you and turn you to what people hate the most,jerks. It is now 10 years into the future,I now run my own company building the future,reshaping it, making it what I wanna make it, the impossible. As for these glasses they are hidden, hidden in time and space, no one knows where it is but me. You may wonder, why aren't I allowing the public to access these glasses. Well, if you went where I went and seen what i saw you’ll keep the glasses hidden. The public just simply isn't ready for these glasses. Somewhere deep in time, deep into the future when they do get revealed,someone uses these glasses for the wrong purpose to end all humanity, to change the shape of time. Meaning they go back into time and rearrange everything changing and shaping our universe into there own universe. So, now you see why I now keep it hidden till those out there who aren't responsible enough to use them,are ready. As for me, the future is unclear, it’s always changing, as for me, my time isn't up. It’s just begun.


The author's comments:

The new Google glass inspired me to write this. I got a email from a worker at google, about the idea I had for Google Glass, he said he liked my idea. My idea, since everyone complained of the battery dying too soon, was to make a solar panel on the top of the bar that goes across your forehead, and instead of using a prism, they should use a projector that shoots out a screen instead of a prism, to make it look more futuristic. P.S I meant to spell hologram, holograham.