The Future | Teen Ink

The Future

December 18, 2008
By Anonymous

I am 14 years old right now, but in 10 years, I will be 24. When I am 24, I see myself doing many things. Such as, having a job, and living in my own house. In 10 years, I hope that I have accomplished many things and hope that I am doing well.

For the job I have, I would like to either have a job in computers or be a scientist that experiments with things all day. If I become a scientist, I would like to experiment with different things and collect data. Kind of like the things, we are already doing in science now with experimenting. If I decide to do something with computers, I think I will be a computer programmer. I would like to do something with computers because I am on the computer constantly and I know a lot about them so it would make sense for me to take a job in it. I still do not know which one I am going to pursue.

I have always loved Chicago. I want to live there when I am older. I go there every year and I just love the city. The atmosphere there is great and I have always wanted to live somewhere big. Even though it probably will not happen because I will be just getting out of college and probably will be too comfortable in Columbia to move somewhere else. Also in Columbia, there are many science jobs here.

I have always wanted a dog, but my parents do not want me to have one. They think that I will not be responsible enough to take care of a dog and it will make the house all dirty. I want a dog that does not shed a lot and is very little. The type of dog I want is a pug. I have always wanted a dog that was a pug but I never had the chance to get one, so in 10 years I will get one.


These are all the things I want to happen when I am 24. I hope they do but things change. I might feel differently about things in 10 years. I will never really know what my life will be in 10 years until 10 years later when I am 24. I am excited to see what is in store and hope that it is what I want and that I am happy.