The Prophecy: Ember's story | Teen Ink

The Prophecy: Ember's story

December 11, 2008
By babybunny DIAMOND, Hickory, North Carolina
babybunny DIAMOND, Hickory, North Carolina
56 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"there are no friends or enemies in this life; just selfish desires based on instincts and self lustings."


PROLOUGE

No one knew who the baby girl, who had been placed on their doorstep the night before, was. There were no reports of missing babies that called for a two or three week old baby as this one was. So the newlyweds, who had only been married 6months, decided to adopt the baby girl. Afterall the woman, named Ara, was infertile and incapable of ever producing a child. So the next best thing was indeed adoption. The man, named Tesu, smiled at the sleeping baby held in his loving wife's arms. Her happiness was mirrored in his face. "So, have you thought of a name yet?" he asked softly, as to not wake the sleeping child. "Well,since her hair is a red-black kind of color, I thought Ember would be a nice name." She answered in a barley audiable whisper. Tesu nodded. "A perfect fit." he murmured. Then, baby Ember's body tensed in her new mother's arms. Her teeny body stretched and her eyes opened. The loving couple let out a gasp. Ember was indeed special. There will be no one like her in the history of our world, they both thought. And this was true, for no one in the history of Earth had purple eyes except for Ember.


The author's comments:
This is my newest book. Each week I will post a new Chapter, except for the weeks we are not in school for holidays. Today, i will post Chapter 1 as well to give you a feel for my newest book.