The Man from the Future | Teen Ink

The Man from the Future

December 4, 2013
By BerryRee17 BRONZE, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
BerryRee17 BRONZE, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The Earth shook as a mysterious ball of light rumbled to the ground. A giant pod made of a metal not known to the planet. Steam lit from this unknown pod as a tall and muscular man walked out. His name was Arnold Raymond but people call him the Man from the Future.


It’s been years that I’ve been in that time pod. My head is dizzy from the landing and my lungs are getting used to this atmosphere. I was sent here to carry on the most important mission that will save mankind.
The ground was sticky and the air reeked of pollution. I had very little time and rushed to the pentagon. The department of defense needed to be acknowledge with the technology from my time.


“Hey buddy, where do you think your going? I don’t see any identification,” The security guard asked.


“I need to talk to whoever’s in command,” I demanded.


“Ha, you’re funny. And who do you think you are? Go back on the tour,” He joshed pushing me away as I pulled out my ray gun and threatened to shoot.



“Holy shucks! What is going on here?” The general ordered. There were men popping out from every corner with their guns pointed.


“I’m from the future sir, and I’m on an important mission to help you before it’s too late,” I explained.


“And what could be too late?” He questioned with a confused look.


I began to elucidate; “In the year 3500 the aliens called the Urbanics declared war on us and attacked us with very high technology weapons. We out-numbered them but their guns and technology defeated us. I was sent by the commanding chief to fly back into time and advance your defense system. We believe that if we do this, our technology will also be more advanced.”


“I don’t know who you are but I feel like I believe everything you’re saying,” He chuckled.


“You should,” I sighed.


“Well then, what are we waiting for let’s get started,” He proclaimed, “Alright everyone get back to your jobs, there’s nothing to see here.”


In replacements of modern guns I showed these people the mechanisms of how you can shrink down atoms in electricity and create a gun that could blast about ten feet. There was also this rare substance called Lithorodium that was located 1000 miles underground and it would be the strongest metal. I showed the scientist’s how we could create a beam to shoot into the sky and circulate around the globe to act like a force field. After 3 long years of work here, it was finally time to go home.
“Arnold… Thanks for what you’ve done here. We have a little gift we’d like to share with you,” The President expressed in gratitude. In front of the White House was a giant statue of Arnold with the captions “The Man from the Future”.


“Thank you very much, Mr. President,” I replied with a smile on my face.


As he entered the pod the engine rumbled like a drum. The ground shook heavily as it made way off the ground. In a matter of seconds the pod disappeared into a vortex that appeared in the center of the ground. The crowd cheered and cried as the Man from the Future disappeared.

I’m scared that my work on earth wasn’t good enough, what if I open these doors and see that my planet is still destroyed. I crack open the door to the noise of birds chirping and people surrounding me.


The author's comments:
This was a little short rough draft we had to do for English class. We could only use up to 650 words max so; might have little detail.