Rebel Outcast | Teen Ink

Rebel Outcast

November 8, 2013
By Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut
9 articles 0 photos 181 comments

Favorite Quote:
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13

"Give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson


Changes, that the beginning of anything brings, changes. The society began with making small changes. They said they were making us safer, making sure we didn't hurt each other or ourselves. I knew their silent song though, the underlying message they were sending. They wanted control, they wanted everyone to follow them blindly and they knew people would.

Our Leaders insisted they were doing what was best. They promised to take care of the people, to make sure no one went with out comfort and safety. They told the people what they wanted to hear. Anybody who disagreed with them was made an outcast, a Pariah. Shunned by society hunted by the authorities. To their families the Pariah are dead, they pretend that they never existed because it doesn't fit in their perfect world.

Security, people love security, they want to feel safe. Personal freedom started to evanescence, people didn't see it coming and now they don't see what they've become. No one understands what has happened, they all have been blinded by the Society's rues and regulations. No one can see past the smoke shields put up by our Leaders. They see what they are told to see, say what they told to say, do what they are told to do. The people have lost their humanity, they have become robots, slaves to the system.

I am dragon hearted, I stand against the wave of sameness. I fight it, I will not become like the others. Right now I am a Pariah, people avoid me. I am a threat to their safe world, I speak the truth and not the lies they want to hear. I am avoided and ignored by the people. Hunted and tracked by the authorities. To my family I am dead, no I am worse then dead in their minds I never existed.

I know I will be caught one day, but that doesn't matter I have planted a seed. The people might not now it yet but I have planted the seed of rebellion, the silent song of freedom is growing the youngest hearts of the society. This is my cause.

I hear the Society police breaking down my door. I am not afraid though, for I am dragon hearted. I am brave because I know I will die with a free mind, I will not bow nor will I yield. They will try to make an example of me, I will not bend to their lie, I will not speak lies to save myself.

Good bye dear reader, my time has come, choose carefully who you believe and who your serve never let your own beliefs evanescence from you!

Today I am a Pariah tomorrow I will be a martyr for cause not yet risen.


The author's comments:
Careful who you believe.
Never give up your morals and freedom for promised security. After all what is life if you are constantly controlled and constantly under Big Brother's eyes?

"I'd prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." ~ Thomas Jefferson


Wrote this for a contest where I had to use these words:

The beginning of anything
Pariah
Evanescence
Silent song
Dragon hearted