Imaginary | Teen Ink

Imaginary

July 20, 2012
By DreamyNightmare SILVER, Lincoln Park, Michigan
DreamyNightmare SILVER, Lincoln Park, Michigan
7 articles 14 photos 7 comments

It was eleven o’clock at night, the sky was painted black with dots of white here and there. O set my alarm for the morning and then I crawled in my bed and turned out my lamp. I didn’t like waking up, reality was terrible. Earlier, I had lingered in the doorway to my bedroom, reluctant to enter. I was scared to enter the realm of dreams, because I knew it was only temporary. With a sigh I closed my eyes and let my sleep consume me and my dreams swallow me whole.
---

Soft, deep green grass lay underneath me. A sky blue dress covered my body and black ballet flats were on my feet. As I sat up, I gazed out at my field of paper flowers. They brushed against my arms and legs as I got to my feet. They were all different colors and they were all beautiful. Up above, candy clouds soared through a purple ocean of wonders. A forest was in the distance, and I knew I shouldn’t waste my precious time gazing at the scenery when I ought to be heading towards the forest. So I started running towards the forest, knowing it would lead me to where I needed to be.

Once I had reached the edge of the forest, I began moving branched out of my face as I made my way through. The forest was big and beautiful and full of all different kinds of shades of green. Leaves fell from trees, dancing and swirling until they reached the ground. It wasn’t long until a heavenly glow was guiding me out of the forest. I stepped out of the branches and unto a path of a stone that winded its way around until it met with a brilliant marble castle. That was my destination; I could feel it in my soul. In my head, I could hear the minutes ticking away on my time left in this magical realm of dreams. My feet made an echo sound on the stone as I ran up the path at full speed, hoping that I will at least make it farther than I did last time. I had just reached the door and it was just about open until my alarm had gone off. I pushed myself harder; I would make it farther this time. I would see what was on the other side of that big, white door.

Before I knew it, the door was in front of me and it was opening. My eyes widened and I let out a small gasp when I saw the beautiful woman before me. Her hair was the darkest black, her eyes were a misty grey, and she was in a flowing red gown. Also, she had this calming glow surrounding her. A small smile lit up her flawless features.

“You finally made it. I am very glad to see you. “ Her voice was soft and angelic.

“Please, I don’t have much time. Why am I supposed to be here?” I asked her, urgency in my voice.

“This realm is in danger, and I need your help to protect it. I know you may think you are not worthy enough, but you are the one. The one who can help us defeat the darkness that threatens to devour the realm.”

“Stay here forever…but how? What about my life in the real world? Not like I really care about it much, but what will happen to me in that world?”

“I can cast a spell, to make your body stay in a deep sleep for a while, until the darkness is defeated. When it has been defeated, you shall return home.” She told me, and then she held out a pale hand. “Please, join us in protecting the realm of dreams.”
I started to reach out my hand, and then, the loud beeping sound rang throughout the realm, and filled my ears. Everything around me was fading fast, and the castle was getting farther and farther away until I could no longer see it.

“No!” I screamed.

I bolted upright in bed, my body covered in cold sweat and my breath coming out in gasps. My alarm was annoying in the ears and I turned my head, and narrowed my eyes at it before slamming my fist down on to shut it up. I fell back in bed, not wanting to get up and go to work and go through my normal, boring routine. I wanted my field of paper flowers, candy clouds and purple sky, and also, to join the Goddess of imaginary light.


The author's comments:
This is based off of the song Imaginary by Evanescence.