To My Wonderland | Teen Ink

To My Wonderland

October 18, 2011
By AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho
AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho
12 articles 7 photos 95 comments

Favorite Quote:
Music is a higher revelation from wisdom and philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven


My body goes numb as I stare into the distance, not knowing if I should take the step or not. The sky was ominous and bleak and the ocean was brutal. My heart was beating louder than the sound of the waves crashing against the side of the jagged cliff. I inhale and pause, then exhale slowly. I close my eyes and clench my fists as I take the first forbidding step. The wind coats me with cool mist from the crashing waves. I feel it getting cooler as I fall farther then I finally come to a gentle halt. Seemed like forever I was falling into the deeper into the abyss of obscurity, but in reality it was only a few seconds. “Where am I?” I pondered. I began walking with my arms stretched out in front of me. I kept my pace slow to ensure I wouldn’t trip. I leisurely traveled around in the shadows for a short time then finally felt something in front of me. I noticed it was solid and smooth. I gave it a gentle push. As I pushed the object back, I began to see light bit by bit. Soon, the radiance encased the entire vicinity. When I turned around, I could finally see where I was. Beautiful golden rays and soft cherry colored clouds quickly covered the sky. Stunning emerald green grass ruled the ground for as far as I could see. Enchanting flowers of every color stood proudly at my feet. The gardenias and orchids glared at each other thinking one was prettier than the other. Large maple trees with crimson and gold leaves towered above me. I was in awe as I gazed out into the blossoming, warm, and alluring land. It was like a dream. A dream I never wanted to wake from. I collapsed in the grass as the leaves dove from the trees and covered me. I closed my eyes feeling the cool breeze on my skin and through my hair. A slight chill shot up and down my body as the sun began to. I took my last breath of air and fell into a deep, serene slumber.


The author's comments:
What I got from writing this short story was that everyone has their own paradise and we control what happens in our lives.