To My Wonderland | Teen Ink

To My Wonderland

By AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho
AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho

Music is a higher revelation from wisdom and philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

My body goes numb as I stare into the distance, not knowing if I should take the step or not. The sky was ominous and bleak and the ocean was brutal. My heart was beating louder than the sound of the waves crashing against the side of the jagged cliff. I inhale and pause, then exhale slowly. I close my eyes and clench my fists as I take the first forbidding step. The wind coats me with cool mist from the crashing waves. I feel it getting cooler as I fall farther then I finally come to a gentle halt. Seemed like forever I was falling into the deeper into the abyss of obscurity, but in reality it was only a few seconds. “Where am I?” I pondered. I began walking with my arms stretched out in front of me. I kept my pace slow to ensure I wouldn’t trip. I leisurely traveled around in the shadows for a short time then finally felt something in front of me. I noticed it was solid and smooth. I gave it a gentle push. As I pushed the object back, I began to see light bit by bit. Soon, the radiance encased the entire vicinity. When I turned around, I could finally see where I was. Beautiful golden rays and soft cherry colored clouds quickly covered the sky. Stunning emerald green grass ruled the ground for as far as I could see. Enchanting flowers of every color stood proudly at my feet. The gardenias and orchids glared at each other thinking one was prettier than the other. Large maple trees with crimson and gold leaves towered above me. I was in awe as I gazed out into the blossoming, warm, and alluring land. It was like a dream. A dream I never wanted to wake from. I collapsed in the grass as the leaves dove from the trees and covered me. I closed my eyes feeling the cool breeze on my skin and through my hair. A slight chill shot up and down my body as the sun began to. I took my last breath of air and fell into a deep, serene slumber.

What I got from writing this short story was that everyone has their own paradise and we control what happens in our lives.

AlpsPuppy BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

life sucks, the quicker you learn this the better off you will be

Very well written. You have a beautiful mind and you are a fantastic writer as I have told you before. Keep writing, and keep doing what you love and do not let anyone tell you that you can't.

AngelsLullaby GOLD, Neverland, Idaho

Thanks everyone for reading!

Pen2Paper BRONZE, Eatons Hill, Other

This was said by Abraham Lincoln: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

This is really amazing. The description really allows you to imagine what's happening. The only problem is that you switch from present tense to past tense, apart from that, its great.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Wow, the description in this is beautiful! You use very vivid imagery, which is perfect for this type of story. My only criticism would be that you should have split this up into paragraphs, just to make it a bit easier to read.

i really like this one but  have one question.. did she die at the end?

BluBliss GOLD said...
BluBliss GOLD, New York, New York

Bella's love for Edward was like, "Omg. He's hot. He's mine because he sparkles. Now I'll brood the wholle book while I'm with him."

I like your descriptive ability. This has potential, yo have potential, but i'd recommend practive. :)

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
Your description is beautiful. I loved the dream-like state the narrator was in-this is one of my favorite types of stories. "My heart was beating louder than the sound of the waves crashing against the side of the jagged cliff" -loved that line. Keep writing!