Part Six of Orb | Teen Ink

Part Six of Orb

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

Part 6

After school, I walked out with Stephanie, Carol, and Derek. All the girls on campus were giving me evil looks and I felt like I could crawl in a hole and die. Derek noticed and put his hand on my shoulder and quickly took it back. I looked at him and he seemed nervous. I wondered why.

“I failed that test,” Stephanie and Carol said sighing.

“But at least we did our…,” Carol started.

“B-E-S-T!” They both cheered and did cartwheels a million times.

“I’m sorry about them…,” I tried apologizing. “They can be a little, well, hyper.”

“It’s ok,” Derek said smiling nervously. “Are you sure it’s still ok?” he whispered.

“I’m sure, I’m sure,” I said pretending to be confident. “Why are you so nervous?”

“I’m not,” he said still acting nervously.

“Ok…,” I said unsure.

Once we were at my house, my parents were gone which made Derek seem a little uneasy, but then at sometimes a little better. We went inside and then up the stairs and into my room. “Well, this is it,” I said opening the door for them.

“Ta-da…!” Stephanie finished for me.

“Nice room,” Derek complimented.

“Thanks,” I said smiling. “You can sit on my cushion if you want.”

“I’ll be fine,” he reassured.

“Ok…, but the floor isn’t that comfy,” I said. He noticed the black box on my dresser.

“What’s that?” he asked me pointing to the black box.

“Oh, that’s just something that’s been passed on to me,” I said. “It’s not that interesting, but you can look at it, just be careful.” He picked it up carefully and opened it. Inside was a just a little sphere. It was never that cool. It just is some over-sized pearl. I would’ve sold it on E-bay if mom wouldn’t have told me not to. Derek’s eyes got big as he saw it.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Oh, nothing,” he said closing the box and putting it back.

“I’m really thirsty,” Carol complained.

“I’ll go get us some soda,” I said. “What would you guys like?”

“I want some Sprite,” Carol said. Stephanie nodded her head and Derek said Sprite was fine.

“Okay,” I said opening the door.

“I’ll go,” Stephanie said. “Carol, come help me.” I stood their clueless as they went to go get drinks. Stephanie shut the door behind Carol and I was left with, Derek, again. Derek looked at me absent mindedly.

“Are you okay?” I asked him. “You’ve been acting really weird.”

“I’m fine,” he said. I looked at him and he looked at him. Minutes passed, awkward minutes.

“What’s taking them so long?” I asked frustrated. Derek shrugged. Once they were finally back they seemed disappointed. What’d they expect us to be smooching or what? Stephanie handed us sprite cans and sat down. Carol looked at the time.

“O-m-g!” she yelled. “I have to go guys! I forgot I had to clean the house today. We’re expecting visitors!”

“Oh, see you!” Stephanie and I said and Derek waved. Once Carol had left, we got to work on our science work sheets. Stephanie was sprawled across my bed as I sat on the cushion, Derek on the floor. Stephanie left, not soon after and I was left with Derek for the millionth time. There was a long awkward silence. We had finished our work so we were just sitting there.

I got up and picked up the black box, bored. I opened it and took out the sphere. I sighed.

“There’s nothing cool about this thing,” I complained sighing.

“I think it’s really cool,” Derek said looking at it.

“Why?” I asked shocked.

“Look at it,” he said smiling. “It’s like a really big pearl. It could be worth a lot. Where’d you find it?”

“I don’t know, Mom doesn’t even know,” I said shrugging.

He accidently brushed up against it and it started to glow. I froze in place. “What’d you do?!” I asked freaking out.

“I don’t know!” he yelled freaking out too. I put it in its case. It was still glowing. Derek picked it up and it immediately stopped.

“Um…,” I said awkwardly. “That was really weird.”

He was silent as he held it. I looked at him and he looked up at me. He placed it in my hands. My heart stopped as he brushed a strand of hair out of my face. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. My heart was beating like mad and I felt like I was burning. He took my hand and held it in his. He brushed his lips against my skin and I felt like I was going to die.

I heard the sound of footsteps on the stairs and he did too. He dropped my hand and grabbed a notebook and pencil. We pretended we were working. I felt weird. My heart was all fluttery and I was breathing really hard. Was this all a dream?

My mom opened the door. I looked at her and smiled. Derek got up and introduced himself and my mom looked startled. I’ve never brought a boy home. She trusts me so she left the room and shut the door behind her.

“I’ve got to go,” he said after awhile of awkward silence. He took my hand and lightly kissed it. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to faint. He leaned in close to my face and he lips lightly brushed against mine. We stayed like that for about a half a minute. I felt like was seriously going to die. He was such a great kisser. Once our lips parted I looked at him. He was dreamy. I think I’ve seriously fallen in love with Derek Anderson.

“I’ll see you,” I said breathlessly. We both stood up and he left. I stood their shocked. He was…, amazing to me. I looked at the huge pearl. How did he make it glow?

Yay, finally another part out! I'm glad to hear that there are fans of this story... :O I wasn't quite expecting that. I'm embarrassed at parts in this one too! >_< Hope you like it orb fans. :)

Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

K! Soooo waiting here!!! ><

Thank you!  The next chapter is pending.  I think... :)

Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

When you were in 4~5th grade? Whoa. That's sooo C-O-O-L (why do I think I'm starting to sound like Carol and Stephenie? :P) AWESOME continue it!!! >< >< ><

Haha. :D  And yeah, I know XD  But I was only in 4th or 5th grade when I wrote this so it isn't as good as it could have been... :)  Glad you like it!

Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

L-O-V-E it!!!! >< >< >< Post more please!!! >< But isn't Derek and Maddie falling in love too fast? :) Just wondering... :)

I. Don't. Know! XD  It just comes to me?

_Rose_Red_ BRONZE, Many, Louisiana

"Sometimes the dreams that come true, are the dreams that you never even knew you had!"

WOW OMG AMAZING LOVE IT

I just have one question though!

Where do you come up with these crazy Ideas!