In your head! | Teen Ink

In your head!

By Sixteen PLATINUM, Jaipur, Other
Sixteen PLATINUM, Jaipur, Other

Its not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. - Calvin

“I don’t know what to think about Michael! He talks to me all day and then the next day he ignores me like I’m a ‘pariah’, he says he loves me but I don’t believe him”, I told my best friend Tory.
Tory was gothic and she wore black clothes and witchcraft was her life. For me, not so much, I mean witches, seriously???
But underneath the hardcore gothic exterior beat the heart of a loyal friend.
Tory replied “Everyone knows he’s a flirt but you know he likes you.”
“I don’t know, his behavior just says the opposite, I just wanna get inside his head for one day, I wanna what he thinks about me, just for once.
“Today is a full moon, look outside your window at midnight and make a wish, it will come true.”
Normally, when Tory talked about witches and magic, I laughed at her but she spoke with such intensity that I almost believed her.
The bell rang at that moment and I headed to creative writing and she headed for biology.
Dear diary,
Its 11:45, I can’t believe myself, I’m going to make a wish at 12, when did I start believing this witch mumbo-jumbo? I guess I really like Michael, and I don’t want to get hurt. I am so desperate to know how he feels that I’ll do anything to know how he feels about me and making a wish at midnight doesn’t seem like a big sacrifice.
Rihanna
“Uh, Tory told me to make a wish at midnight so here I am, um, please help me find out what Michael thinks. Please, please, please,” I said to the night and went to bed. Instead of feeling totally ridiculous, I slept peacefully and soundly
[MY TIME BEGINS]
I got up at 10, I was late so I hurried in the shower. As I felt the hot water drip down my hair I heard Michaels voice.
*WILL RIHANNA TALK TO ME TODAY? I WAS SO RUDE TO HER YESYTERDAY.*
“Arghhhhh!! “ I screamed, “Oh sh*t! Torraine Marie Thomas was right, I can hear him!! I can’t believe it and I’m not gonna pinch myself either cause I’m standing in the shower, its true!!”
I couldn’t believe I could actually hear his thoughts, his inner monologue! So I concentrated harder to hear him.
*I KNOW SHE IS GOING TO BE SO MAD AT ME, I’M GOING TO BE GOOD TODAY.*
Then he started thinking about other things so I tuned him out and thought about what he said earlier. He sounded sad that I didn’t want to talk to him. He sounded sad that I didn’t want to talk to him. He must like me a lil bit otherwise why would he waste time thinking about me?
So I decided I’ll cut him some slack and as I got to school, I went and talked to him.
“Hiee!” I said.
“Hey! Aren’t you mad at me?”
“Why would I be?”
*SHE’S NOT ANGRY. IT’S ALMOST LIKE SHE KNOWS HOW SORRY I FEEL, MAN, I LOVE HER!*
“No reason, I just thought you were, so are you gonna watch our game today?”
“Ya, I’ll definitely be there.”
*THIS IS MY CHANCE.I’LL BE SWEET AND SAY WHAT I REALLY FEEL, I’LL NOT HIDE MY FEELINGS AND BE SARCASTIC, I’LL SAY THE TRUTH.*
I grinned at him and went to Tory.
“It worked Tory, It worked! I can hear him, his thoughts and everything, he likes me and that’s all cause of you Tory, thank you!!” I said throwing my arms around her.
“I know, I told you a full moon is very powerful as there is so much positive energy in the air. It’s the perfect time for a new beginning.”
“That’s cool, but still thanks Tory.”
The game was at 3 and right now it was just noon. I kept waiting for the game and ignored everything the teachers were saying.
Finally after what had seemed like eternity it was time. I flew to the arena, eager to see him. When I spotted him, my face fell, he was surrounded by the barbies of our school. Usually this annoyed me but today I heard his thoughts.
*SHE CAME! OH NO! BRITANNY AND HER DUMB FRIENDS ARE HERE. SHE WON’T TALK TO ME NOW.*
For the first time I didn’t get mad at him for this and went over to him and instead of fighting I smiled at him and took him aside.
I know what he felt and that he hid his true feelings and I understood this only because I was hearing his thoughts so maybe if I told him how I felt he will consider not hiding his feelings. I hoped this so I gathered courage and told him.
“Michael, sometimes, when you are rude to me, it hurts me a lot because I care about you and I don’t want to be treated badly and I’d want you’d breakup with me than hurt me like his.
*THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE TO BE GOOD, OR I’LL LOSE HER FOREVER. SHE MEANS IT, I CAN SEE THE RESOLUTION IN HER EYES.*
He took a deep breath and said “ I don’t want to break up with you, what I feel for you is very strong, but its new to me and it scares the hell out of me, I don’t know how to say what I really want to say so I just lie to you or ignore you. I’m sorry, I won’t do it now.”
I replied, “You don’t need to tell me everything you feel but if you are not honest and if you keep pushing me away, then it won’t work out.”
*I HAVE TO PROVE THAT I LOVE HER. SHE NEEDS THE REASSURANCE OF ACTIONS, NOT WORDS.*
I heard his thoughts and looked at him skeptically to see what he will do.
He took my hand and led me to the middle of the ground amidst the whole student body of ‘Grove high school’.
He clapped his hands for attention and then shouted, “I, Michael, declare that I love Rihanna and I’ll love her forever,” then he turned towards and said “Please give me another chance and I’ll prove that I’m worthy of your love.”
*PLEASE RIHANNA, PLEASE BELIEVE ME, I WISH YOU COULD SEE INSIDE MY HEAD AND KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.*
I looked at him and heard his thoughts, then slowly raised my arms and wrapped them around his neck and then pressed my lips to his. His response was instantaneous, he wrapped his hands around me and responded with so much joy that I was blown away. With effort I broke our kiss and whispered “I love you too!”
That was the end to a perfectly implausible day. Then I stopped hearing his thoughts as my wish was fulfilled. I looked around and spotted Tory who slyly winked at me and we both felt the power of the ancient magic stir around us.
I guess it paid off to get in his head for once!!