Run. (Part 3) | Teen Ink

Run. (Part 3)

July 20, 2010
By DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California
DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California
34 articles 2 photos 81 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't ever let the media tell you what to look like. You're beautiful the way you are. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly." - Gerard Way.


“Cal, you better leave now, or else you’re going to be killed.”
Luka said this to me calmly, like it didn’t make any difference to him, but he meant every single word that he spoke; if I didn’t leave I was going to be killed. I had made a mess again, and undoubtedly upset The Royals, but there was nothing I could do about that now.
“God damnit, Luka, I already know that! Do you think that I don’t know that? You drill that into my head every freaking day when I don’t do something correctly, when I don’t obey the god damn laws! I get it, okay? I realize that I might die every day of my life; I know that already. You don’t need to tell me, anymore. Get it?” I blew up at him, unexpectedly.
Slowly, he turned his gaze down upon me, from where he was perched above me in the trees. His eyes were calm, cool, but I could hear the rage that he was trying to control inside of his head, and I could see traces of it in his eyes. I could see the look of malice on his face that was turned towards me, which surely guaranteed death.
The others around us noticed this too.
They all sensed a blood bath coming, and suddenly many of them were soaring down from the treetops above, and converging in on me. Luka was about to speak, to let his rage shower down on me in one bloody scene, but someone else took over for him.
“How dare you disrespect your elder like that, little Cally. You have no privilege here; you are just like the rest of us, you can’t speak to The Royals, and
The Royals favorites like that. You will be killed that way, but of course you already know that, as you so rudely pointed out to Luka here.” Dante approached me carelessly, obviously taunting and mocking Luka, and me. Dante and his small pack of followers hated me, and would love nothing more than to see me dead; all because I was a better fighter then all of them, and had proved that to them on my first day in the clan. Let’s just say they tried to ruff me up on my first day here, and I “retaliated”.
I was getting angrier and angrier by the second, and if I couldn’t keep myself under control then I knew that the crowds of viscous vampires just waiting for the chance to take me out would kill me.
I breathed hard shaky breaths and chose my words carefully. “Dante, this doesn’t involve you. Please, just leave.”
I said nothing to offend him, and yet this infuriated him all the more.
He came closer to me, until he was just a foot away from my face. He stared down at me, looking like he owned me, his face scrunched up into a look of pure hatred.
“Listen, Cal. You cannot control me or tell me what to do unless you want to die. Because I will end your life, little Cally; I will murder you the first chance I get. And here’s a little secret for you,” he said while getting closer, his lips to my ear, “I will kill you slowly. Painfully. And I will watch the last drop of life squeeze from your body with a smile on my face. Because I want nothing more than to see you die.” He said every word separately, and menacingly.
I was overflowing with rage; I still did not know how to control my newfound over the top emotions that flared up constantly.
“Dante. Don’t. Take. A. Step. Closer. To. Me.” I said trying to control myself, my voice quavering with every word that I spoke.
Or what? Dante thought in his head.
With that he sneered at me and took a step closer to me, so that we were so close that we were chest to chest. All of the muscles in my body tensed, and I prepared to attack. I could hear Luka, finally reacting to the situation, shifting in the tree above, waiting to stop me.
Too late for that.
I dropped down low to the ground quick as a whip and lashed my hand out to his legs. I grabbed a leg and pulled: Bam. Dante was on the ground and back up as soon as he made contact with the dirt floor of the forest. I was standing exactly where I had been like nothing had happened.
Bad choice, amateur. He thought.
“Bring it on.” I growled at him.
And suddenly we were dancing around each other, our forms blurring with the quickness of our movements. We were dodging in and out of each other. I easily out-did him, but I went up into the highest tree to give him a brake; he had no clue where I went.
Come on, Cally, don’t hide from me now.
And I dropped down from the tree and tackled him to the ground. I threw out punches that contacted heavily on his face. I was fighting like a human, and he had no clue what to do with it.
“Stop it. Nico get off of him now,” a deep voice commanded from the shadows.
I kept on dealing out the punches left and right.
Nico, I’m serious. Get the hell of him. I didn’t need to see the person who was thinking this to know who it was.
Damien.
I sighed, got one last punch in, and growled a few quick words to him.
“Don’t ever come near me again, Dante, or I swear you will never be able to walk again because I screwed you up so badly.” I got off him and shoved him into the ground one last time.
I quickly resigned from the fight after that. Dante was on the ground for a few more seconds, but then got up, almost unscathed. He was spotless except for the small, deep cut that was right on his cheek bone. It was bleeding badly, but I didn’t feel the least bit guilty; he deserved it.
I bowed my head towards Damien and said, “I’m sorry, Damien. He brought it on.”
He stalked over on his long legs, and everybody dispersed around him; no one wanted to get in the way of him. They all feared him greatly, and I could feel all of there fear around me. I wasn’t afraid of him like everybody else, but being able to feel all of their emotions did have an effect on me; I feared him slightly. He walked up closely to me, and looked me in the eye, and whispered in my ear.
“Cal, you know that it doesn’t matter if he started it. You don’t attack your own, got it? We’re all together. Next time you want to fight with someone, you come to me first, and you can see how that goes for you.”
He sighed suddenly, and pulled his hand through his hair, suddenly losing his tough act slightly. I could see the weariness in his eyes, in his face; this job weighed more heavily on him then he led on.
“Okay, you gotta come with me, Nico. We have to…talk.”
I was confused.
“Damien, what are you talking about?”
He looked at me seriously and said:
“Nico. The Royals want to speak with you.”


The author's comments:
this one is a lot longer than the rest, but i hope you still like it. please keep reading the series! if you hav any suggestions for the series please feel free to tell me!! comment!!