Secret Meeting | Teen Ink

Secret Meeting

By MythicalBriBear GOLD, Peru, Nebraska
MythicalBriBear GOLD, Peru, Nebraska

She knew it was wrong.

She knew it from the moment she’d laid eyes on him in the club, but he’d captivated her with his intriguing forest green eyes and his thick, raven hair that was spiked perfectly—almost as if he’d taken hours to perfect it.

Just for her.

When he started walking in her direction, she quickly focused her attention on the clear, green liquid of her apple martini. She felt the small breeze as his body walked past hers, a single folded napkin falling onto the table in front of her. She took a sip of her apple flavored drink and set the glass down on its designated napkin and picked up the neatly folded napkin, her black manicured nails at the edges of the paper. She blew out a breath and unfolded it.

<em> Meet me in the forest in forty-five…or your secret will no longer be a secret. </em>

She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat and crumpled the napkin into her pale hand. He knew. How he did, she’d never know.

She downed the rest of her beverage and reached into her small, black clutch to retrieve a series of green paper bills. Placing them on the table she stood and left.

Her feet were bare; she didn’t believe in shoes—never had. She figured with how much she ran, there was no point in slowing her down with the human invention of the heel.

Within a matter of minutes, she was at the tree line of the forest. She looked up at the tall trees, sweeping her red hair back behind her and strode inwards.

“I knew you’d show up.” A deep voice spoke from behind her.

She turned slowly and looked at the silhouette. “Who are you.” She asked.

She could hear the rumble of
laughter coming from his throat, “That isn’t important.” He replied, “I want the amulet of the forest, <em>nymph</em>.”

She stared at the figure blankly, not being able to believe a word the man spoke. The weight of the onyx amulet felt very heavy against her chest. She could feel her arms dropping to her sides, the thin piece of black material fell to the top of her elbows and the lose strap of her sleek, black dress fell from her shoulder. “How did you know?” She asked, her voice calm.

He laughed again, “I’ve been watching you.” He replied coolly, “I know everything about you, <em>Evira</em>.”
Her body froze, the light slowly breaching through the thicket of trees and before she knew it, he was standing in front of her, his breath hot and heavy against her alabaster skin. Her eye focused on a tree about three feet behind him as the warmth of his hand caressed her neck. Then, the texture of his lips pressed against her skin sent shivers up her spine. No man had ever dared touch her in this manner.

She was tempted to strike at him, but something stopped her, telling her that this was okay.

Slowly his lips inched their way up her neck—forcing her eyes shut as she took in his smell—along her jawbone until finally, they rested against hers. She kissed him back, his arm snaking around her waist to pull her closer as the other wrapped itself around her neck, teasing the gold chain that was placed there.

It was wrong, though, fraternizing with the enemy…it was wrong.

But she liked it nonetheless.