Always & Forever: A Fanghearts Story, Chapter 1 - Miyah Kitania Iridascia | Teen Ink

Always & Forever: A Fanghearts Story, Chapter 1 - Miyah Kitania Iridascia

By creativewritingismything SILVER, Brookshire, Texas
creativewritingismything SILVER, Brookshire, Texas

"Creativity is a masterpiece in itself. The ability to manifest that masterpiece, and to recognize its worth, can be found in each of us, if only we would take the time to find our inspiration."
~Samantha Stewart (ME! :D)~

I’d been listening to his thoughts for a while now and they weren’t very nice. But I knew what he was so I really couldn’t hold it against him. This what he had to do. He had to eat too, just like everyone else. But that sure as hell didn’t mean I was on the menu.

So, when he started towards me, I was ready, though I didn’t let him know that. I just finished planting the golden marigold in my hand. He didn’t suspect a thing. Then one of his thoughts caught me off guard.

“I really wish she would just leave so I didn’t have to do this. I hate having to use humans,” he thought, his disturbed emotions pouring in to me. I could tell that he would deeply regret this later.

But even more surprising than his aversion to his lifestyle, was the way I reacted. I always tried not to answer someone’s thoughts aloud. It was an invasion of privacy, but most importantly it was unnatural. Humans couldn’t read minds, much less all the other tings I could do.

“Well then why do you do it? If you hate it so much?” I replied.

He faltered both mentally and physically. “She’s not talking to you. She can’t be,” he told himself, mentally shaking his head. He was thinking in Latin, which was really weird, but I spoke the language fluently, so I understood every word.

“Actually,” I said in fluent Latin, “ I was speaking to you.”
He stopped, completely baffled. His mind became so jumbled that I didn’t even try to keep up with his thoughts. I turned to face him, my sun hat depriving me the complete line of sight I needed to see his full form, which was conveniently hovering above me. I slid it up a little and froze.

He was the absolute most gorgeous person I’d ever seen. Okay, so he wasn’t exactly a person, but that didn’t take away from how god-like he was.
He was probably about six foot one, with golden brown hair. It was naturally messy, but it only added to his hotness. His eyes were an unbelievably gorgeous shade of jade green, that made his entire face shine. His skin was slightly sun-kissed, with a faint golden glow that seemed to shine throughout his body. His white T-shirt hugged his almost perfectly toned chest and abs, while his dark blue jeans fit very well considering how everyone else’s clung to their knees for support these days. And, unsurprisingly, he was staring at me.
“Ok dude. Seriously. I know I’m pretty, but dang! Just answer the question man,” I said when he still didn’t open his mouth a moment later.
Finally, shaking his head slowly, he answered.
“Are you … Are you really talking to me?” he asked stupidly. I noticed he had an accent, but I couldn’t tell where it was from. Maybe Brazil, or Venezuela. He did look kind of exotic.
“Yes I’m talking to you. I honestly don’t see anyone else out here who cant take his eyes off of my body. It’s quite annoying really. And yes,” I said before he could open his mouth, “Yes I can read your mind. But that’s not important right now. Answer my question.” I could be quite intimidating when I wanted to be.
“Well, uhm … I, uhm…,” he fumbled. His accent had completely disappeared.
I threw my hands up in the air. “Oh, just forget it! All your doing is standing there like a moron who just found out his IQ was 2 points higher than a bananas!” I said rolling my eyes. He was really starting to make me think he had problems. Like…serious mental problems…the kind people take medication for.
He took a step back away from me, his eyes searching my face like he thought I was going to literally explode. I couldn’t help but laugh at his uneasy expression.
“Dude, don’t look so scared. I’m not the one going to bite you,” I said giggling.
He raised his eyebrows at that, and that made me angry.
“How do you do that?!?!” I asked crossly.
“Do what?” he asked doing a double take.
“That thing with your eyebrows!” I said, gesturing wildly with my hands.
His brows knit together in confusion. “Yes!” I said excitedly, “That! How do you do that?!?!”
“Move my eyebrows?” he asked confusedly.
“Yes!”
“I, uhm, don’t really know,” he answered honestly. “I’ve just always been able to do it.”
My enthusiasm dropped. “Oh,” I said sadly. “I wish I could do that.”
He silently looked me up and down, seemingly very interested in my being. He shook his head slightly. “What are you?” he asked.
I coughed. “Ok. Well that was rude,” I said putting my hands on my hips. “Why would you ask me such a callous question? Don’t you have any manors?”
“I’m sorry,” he replied, dropping his head in apology. “I’m just trying to understand you, that’s all. I didn’t mean to be so malevolent.”
I couldn’t help but smile at the sincere explanation he gave for his actions. “So why are you trying so hard to figure me out, vampire? Why am I so interesting to you? Is it because I smell good? Or because I look so appetizing?” I teased.
He frowned. “I’m not going to eat you,” he said curtly.
I smiled maliciously. “Oh, I know. I could kill you so fast that even your vampire senses wouldn’t see it coming.”
He folded his arms across his chest and smiled testily. “Oh, I doubt that. It would take a lot more than your mind reading to kill blow me off my feet.”
I rolled my eyes angrily, and took a deep breath. I had absolutely no patience for people who thought they were better than me, and especially those who doubted my abilities. As I let out my air, I made a barely noticeable gesture with my index finger, swirling it in a circular motion three times. A gust of wind moving about 60 mph picked him up and threw him about 100 feet away, where he landed with a loud thump on the hard ground. I snapped my fingers and was immediately standing above him. I bent down and cocked my head to the side.
“Oh, poor baby,” I said nastily, “him hit his head.” I stood straight up, and invaded his mind, making sure that I made it as painful as possible.
“Aaaaaaaaah!” he screamed. I reached out my arm and made a fist like I was grabbing his shirt. His shirt bundled at the collar, and he yelped as I dragged him roughly to his feet. I did the whole thing from two feet away. He coughed as I tightened my invisible grip on his collar. He then grabbed his head and looked at me pleadingly. “Please,” he begged, choking, “please stop.”
I narrowed my eyes. “Why should I,” I asked increasing the pressure in his head. Right about now he was feeling like his head was about to explode, and it would, if I so desired.
I released my grip on his shirt, gesturing like I was dropping a bag of rotten trash on the ground, instead of a vampire. He dropped to his knees, clutching at his hair. “What did I do?” he gasped. “I’m sorry.”
“Don’t you ever, ever insult, or even doubt my ability to kill you again!” I snarled, releasing his mind from my mental grasp.
He fell onto all fours, trying to catch his breath. “And consider yourself one lucky b******,” I growled. “The last person to do that just happens to be splattered across Times Square.”
I took one last look down at him, and he looked up at me in pure horror. Seeing his expression, I turned up my nose at him, turned on my heel and started towards the path leading back to the little cabin I called home.

This is the first chapter of my novel. It is the unedited portion, and if you have any suggestions or ideas i would really appreciate them! My book is not finished yet, I'm ony on chapter nine, but i need as many opinions as possible. Thanks guys!!!

SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

I love it! Wonderful! Definitely a story I would read! Please finish it and post it! I loved it. There were a few grammatical errors though. 

Robsessed PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas

"I may be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it." - Maya Angelou

"Did you know 'I told you so' has a brother, Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up.'" - Bella Swan, Breaking Dawn

the female is a bit too violent and arrogant for my personal tastes, but what makes the story intriguing is that there is someone/something that is stronger than a vampire.

HeraclitusDRM SILVER, Sewell, New Jersey

"For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." -Plato

It didn't feel very real. All seemed so outlandish.

freepurplesun SILVER, New City, New York

"I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly, for you tread on my dreams."
-W.B Yeats
"Just when you've lost the will to live--you see the sun."-Plumb

Today's A Great Day To Learn Something New.

Ouch.

I thought it was pretty good. But that might just be my female bias.

I didn't really care for this. The dialog was a bit absurd, and the super-attractive sensitive male interest theme is so over-used. But that might just be my male bias.

The_Mr_To_My_Mrs, Brookshire, Texas
I cant wait for the next chapter to be revealed.......even though i've already read it!......(P.S. the character that Kitana attacled is based off of me!)

~Samantha Stewart (ME! :D)~

Wait until you read the next chapter................

V.T.Summers BRONZE, Longview, Washington

Things rarely turn out as expected.

that was awesome!!  Finally a vampire story where the girl has the power!!